• 1 Post By Chrisnvegas
  • 1 Post By bruinjeeper

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-10-2021, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
The_Goob

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
First drive of the new build

So I know alot of you know me and my Jeep how it was before, but I decided to redo alot!
Its been a long winter and spring swapping axles and lots of other things on my YJ.

I made a video(below) of the test drive, but ive done alot of vids of the build, check out my channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/FlawedOffr...confirmation=1

I could type for hours all the stuff ive done so Ill just give a basic rundown of what I did,

axles:78 f250 hp44 front and dana 60 rear

60: trussed, bored spindles for 35 spline chromoly shafts, 513 gears, ox locker, el dorado disc brakes

44: reid knuckles, yukon sure grip(or dura grip), chromoly shafts, c gussets, all new lockouts and bearings, 1.5" .25 wall steering links in crossover(plan on getting both above the leafs soon)

re centered h1 wheels I built from TWF

I switched the jeep to Spring over axle (SOA) and used new 7 leaf wagoneer springs. (removed 2 leafs in rear and 1 in front) this gives me 2" of stretch on each end, plus 1 extra inch in rear with offset perches

Major mods to the fuel tank/skid to clear the axle and its still questionable lol.

Brakes: all new stainless hard lines, stainless AN hoses on front and used a 90 ram w150 rear brake hose for extra length in rear, 4 wheel disc, dodge 2500 master cylinder, proportion valve from an XJ with the guts from a ZJ that came with 4w disc, double booster from a 95 yj, I think that about covers that.

If you want to see anything more in detail or have any questions post em up, or hit up my normal build thread!

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9427.jpg   IMG_9425.jpg   IMG_9424.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YJoTM~April '14~June '15~April '17~July '20

Subscribe to my YouTube!-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-11-2021, 06:46 AM
TSEJEEPERS

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Looks good!
The_Goob likes this.

93 YJ SOA 2" springs front, XJ springs rear w/main leaf added, High pinon 9 inch rear detroit locker front Dana 44 ARB 4.56 Gears, 36 inch Irok tires too much to list.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-13-2021, 01:36 AM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Nice job. Looks great.
The_Goob likes this.

Societies that are truly free can survive only if an open debate and an uncensored exchange of ideas can take place

post #4 of 4 Old 06-13-2021, 10:40 AM
bruinjeeper
Moderation in Moderation

1995 YJ Wrangler 

that's one bad, bad Islander.
The_Goob likes this.

~YJOTM MAY '16, JULY '19~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in