February '20 YJOTM - Vote Now! - JeepForum.com
View Poll Results: Who is YOUR February 2020 YJOTM Elect?
jcourt667 9 28.13%
Jmkaiser 4 12.50%
bgredjeep 9 28.13%
metalry101 9 28.13%
cpia84 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

12Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 Old 02-24-2020, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

February '20 YJOTM - Vote Now!

another short but sweet list!

Voter Rules
1st rule of YJOTM is you do not vote for yourself.
2nd rule of YJOTM is you DO NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF.
3rd rule of YJOTM is you do NOT solicit votes from outside JF or within JF. Investigations have been held, jeeps have been disqualified. DON'T do it!
4th rule of YJOTM is all nonsupporting members must post when you vote or it will not be counted. Paid members do not have to post when voting.
5th rule of YJOTM is all voters will remain public as to promote self moderation

Up for grabs: Bragging rights for February 2020 YJOTM and $200 gift cert. from Qtec (Thank you @Quadratec - you rock). REMINDER: All YJOTM winners are automatically entered for the chance at being voted for the illustrious title of YJOTY as well as inclusion on the /f12 Calendar. Let's Git'r DONE!

Username: jcourt667
1994 YJ Sahara

-Engine: 4.0L 6cyl.
-Trans: AX-15 5 speed.
-Xfer: NP231 w/ Texaflex super short SYE.
-Custom rear shaft = XJ front double cardan shaft shortened.
-Custom front shaft = stock YJ front shortened.
-Axles = 1979 Dana 60 HP front, Dana 60 rear. USA Standard Gears 4.88s.
-Brakes = Stock Ford fronts, disc rear conversion. Ď85 Ford 1 ton master and a Ď97 Ford explorer booster.
-Suspension = SOA BBS 1.5 inch.
-Custom anti wrap.
-Steering = Chassis Unlimited 1 ton high steer kit, custom links.
-Wheels = Mickey Thompson 17x9 w/4.5 inch bs.
-Tires = Cooper STT 37x12.5x17
-Front bumper = custom w/ Smittybuilt X2O 10k winch.
-Rear bumper = Berserk inspired custom swing out with receiver.
-Body = 1 inch Daystar.

This is my second YJ. The first was a Ď91 YJ with the 4 cyl. Wanting a 4.0L, I traded it on the current í94 Sahara. That was back in 1997. I found it on a used car lot with 44,000 miles. I currently have 260k on it and canít get it to give up. Runs as good as the day I bought it.

I drove it for next few years as a daily driver, till I started driving more fuel efficient cars to work. I parked the YJ and started a 9 year body off, new frame project, going SOA with one ton axles and 37 inch tires. The YJ at that time had 255k miles, and new frame was in order to have a solid foundation to build from.

Future mods: If the 4.0L ever gives up, I want to go down the 5.3L V8 conversion trail. Roll cage, locker rear and selectable front locker.

Life and kids slowed the work to be non-existent at times. But, I got it done with many hours of lurking around Jeep Forum/F12. Thereís a ton of great people here with Jeep knowledge that many of my issues have been resolved by just searching. Thanks

Username: Jmkaiser
1995 YJ

So hereís the 95 YJ I bought my wife for her new daily driver that will eventually get some more height and tires. Heres the back story to it. So my wife and I are HS sweethearts and weíre married a year after we graduated. When I HS we both loved to go missing on 2 tracks and tails. We always talked about getting a Jeep someday and making it a project for us. To keep this post from getting crazy long long story short we had our 3 beautiful kids all before we were 25. The Jeep idea went out the window and we went with 1. What we could afford and 2. That meant a minivan. While not her play Jeep it was what the family needed at the end at that point in our lives. So since we were 24 weíve been a minivan family. Fast forward to today at 39. Our oldest graduated in June and our middle will do the same in December. So that leaves us with our youngest whoís a freshman... (meaning the minivan quickly has become way bigger than our needs anymore). Iím surfing FB one day and I see this Jeep on market place thatís not far from where we live. My wife immediately tells me if itís not a total wreck that she wants it. I can see the pleading in her eyes, it would be a dream come true for her. Took it for a test drive, it had just rained and the tub was holding water. Discovered that the drain holes had duct tape covering them so it couldnít drain. There was some rust but nothing crazy under the carpet. It has a 2.5l with a 5 speed manual with only 78k miles, I talked the guy down a good bit, getting it for 4K because it needed some help getting it running right. The biggest plus for my wife and I is it was a manual, as we prefer manuals and havenít owned one in a long time. The Only things not stock on the Jeep is 225/75r15 Kelly AT Tireís, (according to the jeeps data plate, 205/70r15ís were factory) and a locking center console in the Jeep, cause as my wife says,Ē itís hard to hold your coffee in the morning and shift at the same time.Ē Best $65 bucks spent so far. I ripped the carpet out and will be taking care of the rust next. Followed by Raptor lining the interior. Iíve installed a new exhaust and Cat, full tune up and the only thing not replaced in the fuel system is the pump in the tank. I also installed a new T-staT, coolant sensor and O2 sensor. Iíve also had the timing chain and water pump replaced. Now she runs like a champ and you can see my wifeís smile from a country mile as sheís going through the gears. Itís all just the start to a lot of fun for the love of my life and I with this Jeep! Cheers

Username: bgredjeep
1987 YJ

Build thread - https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/...thread-1499373
-Drivetrain
4.2 w/ Howell EFI, CRT HEI
AW4 with RADesigns Winters shifter / Dana 300 w/ JB Conversions 4:1 and 32 spline output, 1410 yoke
-Axles
Dana 60, Spartan locker, PSC full hydro steering, 35spline, Solid diff cover, Yukon locking hubs
Eaton HO72, welded, Artec truss, shaved housing, custom rear cover, 14bolt shafts, Disk brakes
-Suspension
front 3-link, 14" radflo 2.0 coil-overs, 2" kmc air bumps, rear 4-link, 16" radflo 2.5 air shocks, 2" Radflo air bumps, tk1 sway bar, 114" wb
-Tires/wheels
40" comp Maxxis Trepadors on 17x9 Method 105 beadlocks
-Recovery
Smittybilt 9500, High-Lift
-Armor
Full custom cage/back-half/front half juggy. Full belly skid plate with 1/2" UHMW, AR400 boat sides
-Accessories
Corbeau Ultra SS seats, Chassis Unlimited seat sliders, 5pt harnesses, quick release steering wheel, 20# co2, Bluetooth stereo w/ sub, rock lights and LED light bars, Action Packer for tool storage, front and rear cameras for improved visability, 6 quart crate.

As of December, I've had big red for 20 years. When I bought it, it had a 4" lift and 33s. I drove it as my only vehicle for ~4 years until I bought a car to DD. From there I started building with the intention of having a solid wheeler that I could drive to the trail, wheel, and drive home. Plans change. I started wheeling harder trails. The body (of the Jeep) suffered and I decided to go all out for both safety and durability.

With help from my buddy Cole at RCM fab, the Jeep has been transformed into a serious rock crawler over the last couple years. Almost every part of the jeep has been replaced or upgraded over the years I've owned it. The Jeep is still tagged and insured, and on rare occcasions I'll drive it on the street. The sticky tires are the only thing that keeps me from more street time.

Overall everything works great for what it's meant to do. I've got a 93 4.0 I'm going to swap in place of the tired 4.2. I've been doing some shock tuning/suspension changes so I can go a little faster and take it off some sweet jumps. I'm also going to be changing the rear air shocks out for 2.5 coilovers in the near future.

Me and big red, December 1999

And now Feb 2020

Username: metalry101
1990 YJ

2.5L w/ Brown Dog motor mounts
AX-5 w/ external slave cylinder
NP231 w/ TeraLow 4:1, Tera 2Low, & SYE
Tom Woods Driveshafts
4.88 gears
HP Dana 30 w/ Spartan locker, G2 chromoloy shafts & tube seals
Ford 8.8 rear w/ Detroit locker
3.5" Tuff Country springs
5/8" shackles up front
1.25" shackles in the rear
35" BFG KM2's on 15x10 Eagle Alloys
Narrowed stock front bumper
HD rear bumper w/ tire carrier
3/16" steel gas tank skid and steering box skid
Rugged Ridge steering
Solid Diff covers
UnderCover Fab Belly skid w/ oil pan skid
Currie rocker panel skids
Rugged Ridge 7" TJ flares and quick disconnect mud flaps to keep it legal
Dual batteries
Engo 12,000 lb winch
Rigid LED spotlights on pillars
RC flood LEDs on fairlead
Rocklights
H4 Conversion headlights w/ Amazon LED bulbs
Poison Spyder trail cage sitting on the garage floor waiting to be welded in.

I bought this 9 years ago last month. It was actually the same week I took my wife on our first date. Two good decisions in one week is rare for me, so I'll take it! I was looking at Cherokees since that's what I'd had before and liked them, but figured I needed to have a look at this thing. It had uncut fenders, 33's that rubbed like crazy with even a little bit of flex, a fairly new Besttop, and the 8.8 w/ the Detroit. I couldn't pass it up. It was a DD when I bought it, though now it's a 4th car and basically only a toy. My daughters love going for rides in it, and hopefully they'll learn how to drive it in another decade.

Username: cpia84
1990 YJ

-4.2L Inline 6 w/Weber 32/36 Carb
-AX-15 5 Speed
-NP231 w/SYE
-2.5" leaf spring lift (skyjacker)
-5/8""boom shackle lift (M.O.R.E.)
-1" Daystar Body Lift
-33"x12.5"x15" Firestone Destination ATs
-Custom Fab Stubby Front Bumper
-Custom Fab Rear bumper
-Barricade Tube Fenders with Flare
-S)-(ittybilt Rear Tube Fenders (ebay special)
-Tailgate mounted Tire Carrier
-Mile Marker 9500 Winch
-LED Headlights
-Rhino lined Interior
-Yellow Top Optima Battery

-After spending about half a year looking for a Jeep I found this 1990 Jeep YJ. It had a broken rear driveshaft and sort of ran but not really. I did some basic maintenance, got it running well and got the driveshaft repaired. I have replaced the fender flares for the front and rear. Cleaned up the front end of the Jeep and fixed the winch. The rear axle swap to a Ford 8.8 is next step. I am working on a plan for lighting and switch setup on the interior. As most Jeeps it is never done but right now it rides well.

I haven't done any wheeling trips yet but life seems to always get in the way. I have a lot of plans for this Jeep. I want it to be a weekend rig for camping and wheeling trips with the family.

Here are the pictures of as I got it and then a few upgrade phases:

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 02-24-2020, 04:21 PM
NHfireLJ
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Voted...

I will say, one of these things is not like the others..

AUDREY...95 YJ UNLIMITED LS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SOLD

BETTY...94, Stroker 4.6,35"s, SOLD

style intake
post #3 of 41 Old 02-24-2020, 05:11 PM
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Voted. Once again a real nice line up.

If you cannot fix it with a hammer then it has to be an electrical problem.

post #4 of 41 Old 02-24-2020, 05:43 PM
Dake
Web Wheeler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Voted!

Waiting on my Rough Country lift to sag!
post #5 of 41 Old 02-24-2020, 06:02 PM
KfoySTL
1995 YJ Wrangler 

voted!
post #6 of 41 Old 02-24-2020, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Voted.

#blackjeepsmatter

went with one that had realistic goals for where i am headed next with my own jeep more or less. (The only difference is this is ALWAYS going to be my daily driver )
jmart2119 likes this.

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~
post #7 of 41 Old 02-24-2020, 06:41 PM
cpia84

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Voted!

Lots of great Jeeps in the line up this month!

post #8 of 41 Old 02-24-2020, 07:32 PM
TSEJEEPERS

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Voted
Thanks again Bruinjeeper for doing this!
bruinjeeper likes this.

93 YJ SOA 2" springs front, XJ springs rear w/main leaf added, High pinon 9 inch rear detroit locker front Dana 44 ARB 4.56 Gears, 36 inch Irok tires too much to list.
post #9 of 41 Old 02-24-2020, 08:49 PM
bgredjeep

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Voted.

post #10 of 41 Old 02-25-2020, 05:47 AM
Towny72
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for putting this together Bruin bump.

Should have gotten a tetanus shot with this jeep!
post #11 of 41 Old 02-25-2020, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Bumping it.
Attached Images

jserna likes this.

~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~
post #12 of 41 Old 02-25-2020, 08:58 AM
bobracing
1992 YJ Wrangler 

voted

92 YJ
https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/open-mouth-insert-jeep-2878945/
post #13 of 41 Old 02-25-2020, 09:56 AM
bpounds
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Went with the guy who showed us his bottom.

Bill
Jeepers drive high!
1988 Wrangler,4.2L I-6, Howell EFI JP-1,CRT HEI Ign,AX15 ext slave conversion, Zone 2" lift + 1" BL + 1/2" booms, BFG 31 x 10.5, Bestop.
post #14 of 41 Old 02-25-2020, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Dang this is a good race. Remember! It's a leap year... poll closes on the 29th!

~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~
post #15 of 41 Old 02-25-2020, 01:54 PM
Towny72
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Got my vote on

Should have gotten a tetanus shot with this jeep!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in