Does anyone sell front seat foam ? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-05-2020, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
JohnW63
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Does anyone sell front seat foam ?

Our Wrangler really needs the front seats refoamed and re-upholstered. As I search the web, I find seat covers and new seats , but not foam for this age Jeep. I'm fine with the shape of the seats, so I don't want to spend big money for new seats. I can get new foam and upholstery for a mid 60s Mustang and a late 60s Triumph ( from England ) , but no want to redo the stock seats for a 92 Jeep ?

Point me in the right direction.

I've already got a thread started about carpet, if you have opinions about that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-05-2020, 07:40 PM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

i am pointing at the junkyard for some cavalier/sunfire seats.

Saves some $$$, comfy from what i have heard and don't look half bad. Will probably work out cheaper than reshaping foam and reupholstering

~YJOTM MAY '16, JULY '19~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-07-2020, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
JohnW63
1992 YJ Wrangler 

What year Jeep seats could be swapped into our 92 Wrangler ? Did they keep the same setup into the next model range ?

post #4 of 7 Old 07-07-2020, 07:33 PM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

you could make any of them work.

post #5 of 7 Old 07-07-2020, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
JohnW63
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well, I suppose so, but which would be a direct bolt on swap ? I just put 2005 Toyota 4Runner seats in a 1965 Volvo 544, but it took some work and fabrication. Like the stock seats well enough. I'd prefer to re-upholster them, but that's not looking line a do it your self option. I could have them done, I'm sure, but the cost would not be low.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-07-2020, 07:53 PM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

there is a huge thread on this in the FAQ section man.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/...u-used-490426/

post #7 of 7 Old 07-09-2020, 06:03 PM
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
There are a lot of things if you google it about repairing seat foam with good foam from other salvaged seats. You use an electric bread knife to cut out the bad areas and some glue and make patch panels for your foam.

I am fortunate enough to have brought home a couple of seat bottom cushions that were from replacements in the dealership. I originally intended them to be big knee cushions for projects like ceramic or wood flooring work. They now have been dedicated to re-upholstering my 87 seats which I wanted to keep the seats as original as possible.

You can buy high density foam on the net and repair your foam. I do not think you will find a place to buy the foam pre-formed for these seats anymore.

I need to get back on that project. It has been put on the side burner or the back burner for a minute. Thanks for the motivation.

If you cannot fix it with a hammer then it has to be an electrical problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in