Dodge Dana 60 in a YJ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 17 Old 03-18-2010, 11:59 AM
Chris98TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy93 View Post
this is incorrect. you can NOT keep the stock transfer case when using an axle with a passanger side dif. The 94 and up dodge axles are driver side dif, but the older ones(like the OP is talking about) are passanger side dif.
sorry didnt catch the passenger side drop, best thing to do would be to get a dana 300 it should bolt uo to the tranny

98 tj sport Aussie locked front and rear 4.10's HPD30 8.8 super short sye cv shaft 4.5 lift johnny joint adj. control arms 36in TSL's gen right hi fenders header exhaust custom rockers Solid axle covers f/r the list goes on
Leading bullet sponge for JF Call of Duty crew
X BOX GT- CHRIS98TJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 Old 03-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Chris98TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbeardsworth View Post
I'm pretty sure from all the Dodge truck sites I've found that the '78 came with D60s in the front and rear. Obviously I can't know for sure without looking at them, and the craigslist poster hasn't responded to my email yet. Here's a link to the CL ad: 1978 dodge 3/4 ton 4x4
How much clearance do you think I need to clear 37s? Also, I've read that spring-over conversions have a tendency to create axle wrap and the guys at JP magazine insist that it's not really worth it considering the quality of straight lifts nowadays. I'm still weighing the pros and cons of the different lift types, so do you have any personal experience with SOA?
the front dosent get axlewrap that bad but the rear does and youd need to put a traction bar. yes i have alot of experiance with them most of the jeeps i crawl with are soa. and they all work well. you could also 4-link the rear really easy also andit would be a beast on the tral and ride alot better too. thats what most of my buddys are going to. 4-link rears and soa fronts. i was just saying the 44 thing cause i seen a 79 in the JY and it had a 44

98 tj sport Aussie locked front and rear 4.10's HPD30 8.8 super short sye cv shaft 4.5 lift johnny joint adj. control arms 36in TSL's gen right hi fenders header exhaust custom rockers Solid axle covers f/r the list goes on
Leading bullet sponge for JF Call of Duty crew
X BOX GT- CHRIS98TJ

Tags
dana 60 , dodge , spring over axle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in