Dash gauges problem - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 09-16-2019, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
lil-put

Dash gauges problem

I am currently having a problem with getting my gauges to work in my instrument cluster on my 88 yj. The speedometer and the the tachometer both work. The oil pressure gauge also max out as soon as I turn the key to the accessory position. All the other gauges do not work as well as the gauges do not light up. I have the interior light switch all the way up and nothing comes on. I checked the fuse under the dash and that was all good so I am wondering what the next step is that I need to check? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-16-2019, 08:02 PM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

have you taken them out and checked the circuitry on the ribbon? did this happen all of a sudden? recurring issue? did it snowball to this state where gradually one of the gauges stopped then another, and another?

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~
post #3 of 3 Old 09-17-2019, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
lil-put

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinjeeper View Post
have you taken them out and checked the circuitry on the ribbon? did this happen all of a sudden? recurring issue? did it snowball to this state where gradually one of the gauges stopped then another, and another?
I’m not sure I bought the jeep about 3 months ago and it has had this problem since I bought it. But I did have the days apart but I thought everything look really good for that ribbon wiring. Didn’t see an Corrosion or anything that would raise a red flag to me when I had it apart

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in