18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 59 Old 02-18-2020, 04:38 PM
YJbillmi

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinjeeper View Post
Good to know. Gonna place it like
Speaking of which. Gotta figure something out for a windshield motor cover.
The YJ back cover/mount plate has a couple less holes, but the vin plate can just be moved to a CJ back cover and it bolts up to support a CJ front cover.

Blanking plates for the wiper access holes are the next thing I need to figure out.

Attached Thumbnails
20200216_131745.jpg  
Towny72 and bruinjeeper like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 59 Old 02-27-2020, 08:21 PM
JeeperDon
Web Wheeler

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey Don, How about you use that photography passion to take some up to date pics of your jeep lol.
Maybe when the hard top and doors are off. NM is warmer than my old upstate NY, but still in the 20's a lot in the Dec-Feb morns. It's feels like not my Jeep when I'm not in the open air. It's usually top on time about mid Nov and off in mid March.

For the VIN... I pop-riveted the VIN to the windshield frame, didn't use the YJ bracket.

For the wiper motor... I just painted it red to match the rest of the Jeep, don't have all the added weight of the cover to haul around.
bruinjeeper likes this.

'93 YJ, '02 GM 4.3V6, SOA, dual ARB's, 8.8+D30(WarnHubs), 4.88s, 35" BFG KM2s, AX15, NP231+4:1+SYE+2LO, York OBA, Warn M8000.
Web Admin for
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #48 of 59 Old 03-12-2020, 06:36 PM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Well, the check is in the mail o its way to Double D and amazon cart full with what i need. Aside from the wiper motor cover, 72$ seems absurd. Gotta find something cheaper.

Am still looking for information on which wire colour in my 1995 would control the power to the 4wd light. This will be one of the three indicator/dummy lights.

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~

post #49 of 59 Old 03-15-2020, 09:10 AM
timatoe

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, the check is in the mail o its way to Double D and amazon cart full with what i need. Aside from the wiper motor cover, 72$ seems absurd. Gotta find something cheaper.

Am still looking for information on which wire colour in my 1995 would control the power to the 4wd light. This will be one of the three indicator/dummy lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
post #50 of 59 Old 03-15-2020, 11:34 AM
fishadventure
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Jumper the wires at the sender and test under the dash - it’ll be clear soon enough

[size=3]Shackles & D-rings are different things.
Cranking IS turning over
post #51 of 59 Old 03-15-2020, 11:42 AM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

if and when it comes to that, of course.

I have time before the dash arrives and i get it all painted, gauges wired for + and - and installed etc etc. Hence using the time now to try and find it somewhere in this amazing mess we call the internet.

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~
post #52 of 59 Old 03-15-2020, 12:31 PM
XabuJr

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:

My 94 FSM shows the plug and which connection that is, it doesn't have the color that I can find. Do you still have the plug attached?

Current Garage:
1992 XJ | 1994 YJ | 2013 JK | 2014 WK2
post #53 of 59 Old 03-15-2020, 12:33 PM
XabuJr

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
What are you guys doing about the heater controls? I'm doing something custom as well, and it doesn't look like there's aftermarket controls that can replace the stock one. Did you just mount the old one back in the dash?

Current Garage:
1992 XJ | 1994 YJ | 2013 JK | 2014 WK2
post #54 of 59 Old 03-15-2020, 05:49 PM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabuJr View Post
What are you guys doing about the heater controls? I'm doing something custom as well, and it doesn't look like there's aftermarket controls that can replace the stock one. Did you just mount the old one back in the dash?
yes. i'll be re-using the stock controls.

my dash is currently still in tact as it was from factory.

~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~
post #55 of 59 Old 03-15-2020, 08:04 PM
fishadventure
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
You need the readable version of this
Attached Images

bruinjeeper likes this.

[size=3]Shackles & D-rings are different things.
Cranking IS turning over
post #56 of 59 Old 03-16-2020, 04:52 PM
YJbillmi

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Aside from the wiper motor cover, 72$ seems absurd. Gotta find something cheaper.
Ouch. That must be the pandemic pricing special. I picked up a new one on Amazon for less than $30, shipping included. Used on eBay I've seen them as low as $15 since.

Quote:
On my 93 it's grey with a green stripe. Pin 5.
Attached Thumbnails
20200316_175340.jpg  
bruinjeeper likes this.
post #57 of 59 Old 03-16-2020, 05:21 PM
YJbillmi

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabuJr View Post
What are you guys doing about the heater controls?
I simplified. Since the only thing I ever use is heater through the defrost vents, I just set the vents to those positions with a toggle switch for fan control.
post #58 of 59 Old 03-17-2020, 07:37 AM
JeeperDon
Web Wheeler

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I lost track of whose doing what here, but in my case with Dan at DoubleD, he has the exact shape of the YJ heater panel in his CAD library, including welded studs in back to hold it on. Just tell him you want to use the YJ panel and where on your design to put it. I just bolted it up, no problems.

'93 YJ, '02 GM 4.3V6, SOA, dual ARB's, 8.8+D30(WarnHubs), 4.88s, 35" BFG KM2s, AX15, NP231+4:1+SYE+2LO, York OBA, Warn M8000.
Web Admin for

post #59 of 59 Old 03-17-2020, 09:30 AM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDon View Post
I lost track of whose doing what here, but in my case with Dan at DoubleD, he has the exact shape of the YJ heater panel in his CAD library, including welded studs in back to hold it on. Just tell him you want to use the YJ panel and where on your design to put it. I just bolted it up, no problems.
It's me. And yes...dealing with Dan.

I didnt raise the question however. I have paid Dan and am just eagerly anticipating the arrival of a large crate.

~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~

Tags
dash , wiring connector , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in