The build that was never going to happen - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
 67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 98 Old 10-05-2020, 05:07 PM
'92 vegas YJ

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'm running the Dodge 2500 MC as well. Zero issues on my end. Had to make my own push rod out of a grade 8 bolt that I ground the head down on.

Also welcome to the YJ unlimited club. Those 37s look small, time to step up to some 42s. They're more proportional on our long WB rigs.

92 Green YJ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 98 Old 10-05-2020, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
I'm running the Dodge 2500 MC as well. Zero issues on my end. Had to make my own push rod out of a grade 8 bolt that I ground the head down on.

Also welcome to the YJ unlimited club. Those 37s look small, time to step up to some 42s. They're more proportional on our long WB rigs.

i AGREE The 37s came with the axles but my friend has 40s on his unstretched CJ so we might swap.

looks good

thx

"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #93 of 98 Old 10-12-2020, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
ended up making a new drive shaft with parts on hand so I could get rolling, had to put the slip on the bottom which I don't like but good enough for now. There is no substitute for fleaxing out for real, which I have not done yet but best I can tell from jacking up here the front shaft only slides about 1 inch either way. Will see when I can get out and drive it in the rocks.

Meantime, got the master cyl and put it in but none of my friends were avail this weeking to help bleed it so have not been able to drive it yet. Ended up with this one" 1998 DODGE B3500 5.9L V8 from rockauto for $50 shipped. Literally bolted right in, fittings hooked right up and just had to turn the push rod adjustment out about 1 turn.

Spent the rest of the weekend doing oil changes and started on widening the trailer.
Attached Images

bgredjeep likes this.

"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #94 of 98 Old 10-13-2020, 03:23 PM
92 Green YJ

1992 YJ Wrangler 

How close are you to being wheelable? My crews season opener in Truckhaven is the weekend of the 23rd.

92 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited +
Tons, 40s, tons of mods
post #95 of 98 Old 10-13-2020, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
How close are you to being wheelable? My crews season opener in Truckhaven is the weekend of the 23rd.
Ready, except need to drive and flex the thing before commiting to an actual run. Hoping to get the trailer done this weekend then drag it someplace to test.

post #96 of 98 Old 10-13-2020, 04:02 PM
92 Green YJ

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Ready, except need to drive and flex the thing before commiting to an actual run. Hoping to get the trailer done this weekend then drag it someplace to test.
Well like I said, we will be out in Truckhaven weekend of the 23rd. I’ll be christening mine as well. Welcome to come out and join us.

92 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited +
Tons, 40s, tons of mods
post #97 of 98 Old 10-13-2020, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
Well like I said, we will be out in Truckhaven weekend of the 23rd. I’ll be christening mine as well. Welcome to come out and join us.
thx. will see how it goes.

Of course it's back to being 100 again
92 Green YJ likes this.

post #98 of 98 Old 10-16-2020, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
good progress on the trailer widening. Just need to finish this side tonight and start on the other, which will probably take half as long.
Attached Images

92 Green YJ and NHfireLJ like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in