LinkBack Thread Tools
post #406 of 433 Old 02-08-2021, 10:04 AM
jbolty
Administrator

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
Thanks everyone. We are very excited. This property is more than we could have dreamed and honestly, the pictures donít even show half of the goodies and details of this place. Not shown is a large open pole barn across the parking lot type area from the attached garage/barn that is currently housing a tractor and some other equipment (which I am also going to try to buy from the owner. Gonna need it to maintain this property) also has a whole house back up generator, the workshop pictured is on the second story of the barn/garage. All the floors are real oak solid wood, all soft close drawers in the kitchen, I could go on.

I will definitely be cutting a couple of Jeep trails thru the wooded part of the property for some backyard wheeling. Thinking a backstop and small rifle range on one of the fields if possible. And Iím still planning to add a detached maybe 30x40 shop with a lean to off to the side to park the RV under across the parking area from the house as my actual shop.
looks great! I need to get moving or I'll be the last one left in CA.

here's one idea for a top. lol

Attached Thumbnails
Quad-with-roof.jpg  
92 Green YJ and bruinjeeper like this.

"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." óHubert Humphrey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #407 of 433 Old 02-08-2021, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
92 Green YJ

1992 YJ Wrangler 

That’s a bit too ghetto for me Jeff. I’ve got some ideas. But that’s gonna be a while. I’ve got bigger fish to fry at the moment.

92 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited +
Tons, 40s, tons of mods
post #408 of 433 Old 02-08-2021, 11:10 AM
NHfireLJ

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Mariaville which is basically right smack dab in between Bangor and Ellsworth. And as of about ten minutes ago it is no longer an offer. We are under contract! The seller accepted our offer as is! Give me a few minutes to pull some pics off of Zillow and Iíll post some teasers.
Great property, and beautiful country up there... Nice choice... When you said looking in Bangor, I was ehhhh... Much better location you've picked...

Congrats. House party / wheeling trip is when? Google earth shows a direct path to the pits...
92 Green YJ likes this.

AUDREY...95 YJ UNLIMITED LS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495
SOLD

BETTY...94, Stroker 4.6,35"s, SOLD

style intake

post #409 of 433 Old 02-08-2021, 12:09 PM
cpia84
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHfireLJ View Post
Great property, and beautiful country up there... Nice choice... When you said looking in Bangor, I was ehhhh... Much better location you've picked...

Congrats. House party / wheeling trip is when? Google earth shows a direct path to the pits...
NorthEast/ East Coast Wheeling trip, Lets do it!!

YJOTM: Jan 2021

post #410 of 433 Old 02-08-2021, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
92 Green YJ

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHfireLJ View Post

It does indeed. And I am down for sure. Looking forward to meeting you guys in person. Plan is to make the move mid to late June when my daughter finishes the school year. Should arrive in Maine before the 4th of July. Gonna roll in the RV and make a bit of a sight seeing trip out of it along the way.
87TPIYJ and NHfireLJ like this.

Tons, 40s, tons of mods
post #411 of 433 Old 02-08-2021, 03:10 PM
jbolty
Administrator

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
It does indeed. And I am down for sure. Looking forward to meeting you guys in person. Plan is to make the move mid to late June when my daughter finishes the school year. Should arrive in Maine before the 4th of July. Gonna roll in the RV and make a bit of a sight seeing trip out of it along the way.
that will be a great driving trip.

a friend moved cross country last year and after shopping it heavily found a load it yourself trucking deal that was pretty affordable, let me know if you want the info.

I know others that have used the big national moving copmanies and have nothing but horror stories and broken stuff.
92 Green YJ likes this.

"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." óHubert Humphrey

post #412 of 433 Old 02-08-2021, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
92 Green YJ

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
that will be a great driving trip.

a friend moved cross country last year and after shopping it heavily found a load it yourself trucking deal that was pretty affordable, let me know if you want the info.

I know others that have used the big national moving copmanies and have nothing but horror stories and broken stuff.
Iím betting he used ABF. That is what we are planning to use as well. They drop a 28í semi trailer off at the house and we get three days to load it up, then they pick it up and haul it to the new house and drop it off to give us 3 days to unload as well. They pick up when we call and tell them we are done. They charge by how many feet of trailer space you use.

Tons, 40s, tons of mods
post #413 of 433 Old 02-08-2021, 05:02 PM
jbolty
Administrator

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Iím betting he used ABF. That is what we are planning to use as well. They drop a 28í semi trailer off at the house and we get three days to load it up, then they pick it up and haul it to the new house and drop it off to give us 3 days to unload as well. They pick up when we call and tell them we are done. They charge by how many feet of trailer space you use.
exactly. it was cheaper by far than anything else and everything was done on schedule.

the key was having everything identified ahead of time by roughly where it would go in the truck. That hill you live on is not going to help any, that's for sure.
92 Green YJ likes this.

post #414 of 433 Old 02-09-2021, 11:54 AM
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks everyone. We are very excited. This property is more than we could have dreamed and honestly, the pictures donít even show half of the goodies and details of this place. Not shown is a large open pole barn across the parking lot type area from the attached garage/barn that is currently housing a tractor and some other equipment (which I am also going to try to buy from the owner. Gonna need it to maintain this property) also has a whole house back up generator, the workshop pictured is on the second story of the barn/garage. All the floors are real oak solid wood, all soft close drawers in the kitchen, I could go on.

I will definitely be cutting a couple of Jeep trails thru the wooded part of the property for some backyard wheeling. Thinking a backstop and small rifle range on one of the fields if possible. And Iím still planning to add a detached maybe 30x40 shop with a lean to off to the side to park the RV under across the parking area from the house as my actual shop.
Sounds even better. But looks as tho they took the pics off the website... maybe b/c you bought it? The wife and I did get to look at most of the zillow pics yesterday and it looked awesome. But when I told her where it was, she said h*** NO. Too much snow. She hates cold, but I still convinced her to make the move to Idaho. Our only child daughter moved there last year and we visited in the summer and again at Christmas and she decided she could handle the cold... very dry humidity so it's not too bad to get used to. By the end of the week I was mostly wearing a T shirt and medium jacket... her, not so much. Lol. But I got here a down coat for Xmas and she really like that.

Anywho, with the 2 grandkids up there now it's a go. Got a construction deposit down and could be next early spring when we actually move. Having said all that... out daughter used a Pods container for the move.
https://www.pods.com/moving-services...istance-moving
Don't recall the cost, but it worked for them. Maybe check it out. One thing that looked nice is that they don't put much of a time limit on how long you need it, so you can load at your leisure.

Me personally, at my old fat age, I am NOT looking forward to doing all that! But I have all this year to start getting rid of stuff I 'really' don't need. Trying to down size with the new home and the wifey already told me I have to 'sacrifice' things or we stay here. So that means my old 70's stereo set up and my big Pioneer speakers have to go... no room in the new layout! Heck, I've even got YJ stuff laying around the shop that needs to go!

'05 LJR, 6sp, RC long arm w/MC 6" coils, 5.13 D44's w/chromo shafts, MetalCloak fenders/sliders/body armor, 37x12.50 MTR's, Warn 9.5, RockHard swing out w/full spare. <><
post #415 of 433 Old 02-09-2021, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
92 Green YJ

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
Sounds even better. But looks as tho they took the pics off the website... maybe b/c you bought it? The wife and I did get to look at most of the zillow pics yesterday and it looked awesome. But when I told her where it was, she said h*** NO. Too much snow. She hates cold, but I still convinced her to make the move to Idaho. Our only child daughter moved there last year and we visited in the summer and again at Christmas and she decided she could handle the cold... very dry humidity so it's not too bad to get used to. By the end of the week I was mostly wearing a T shirt and medium jacket... her, not so much. Lol. But I got here a down coat for Xmas and she really like that.

Anywho, with the 2 grandkids up there now it's a go. Got a construction deposit down and could be next early spring when we actually move. Having said all that... out daughter used a Pods container for the move.
https://www.pods.com/moving-services...istance-moving
Don't recall the cost, but it worked for them. Maybe check it out. One thing that looked nice is that they don't put much of a time limit on how long you need it, so you can load at your leisure.

Me personally, at my old fat age, I am NOT looking forward to doing all that! But I have all this year to start getting rid of stuff I 'really' don't need. Trying to down size with the new home and the wifey already told me I have to 'sacrifice' things or we stay here. So that means my old 70's stereo set up and my big Pioneer speakers have to go... no room in the new layout! Heck, I've even got YJ stuff laying around the shop that needs to go!
Oh yeah, weíve begun our purge already as well. Iíve spent the last two days pulling stuff out of the crawl space and purging stuff. Itís gonna be an u deer taking for sure. Donít even know where to begin with the garage.

We did look into pods briefly, the issue is they donít deliver everywhere. The only hub they have in Maine is in Portland and they will only deliver them to the areas surrounding the hub. They wonít drop the pods at the new house so we would have to rent a truck and transfer from the pods at the hub. Extra expense and way more work. ABF trailer is much more flexible with delivery locations as they are actually a freight company. Also why itís a bit cheaper. They charge you by how many feet you use of the trailer, you seal it with a bulkhead and your own padlock, and they will subsidize their costs by loading commercial freight in the remaining space on the trailer. They also will store the trailer at their nearest hub to the destination until we are ready to take delivery of it.

I did pull a few pics off the listing before it shifted to off market.

RockWoRM, bruinjeeper and cpia84 like this.

Tons, 40s, tons of mods
post #416 of 433 Old 02-09-2021, 03:15 PM
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
2013 JK Wrangler 

Great piece of property! Have fun with it!
92 Green YJ likes this.
post #417 of 433 Old 02-09-2021, 06:42 PM
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Looks REALLY sweet, Scott.

If I were you, I'd be anxious and take a flight out to see it first hand.
post #418 of 433 Old 02-09-2021, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
92 Green YJ

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Looks REALLY sweet, Scott.

If I were you, I'd be anxious and take a flight out to see it first hand.
Iíd love to. But with all the China virus stuff itís just not practical right now. Flying with the restrictions, 14 day quarantine on each end. Yeah. I would if I could.

Tons, 40s, tons of mods
post #419 of 433 Old 02-10-2021, 07:30 AM
cpia84
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Iíd love to. But with all the China virus stuff itís just not practical right now. Flying with the restrictions, 14 day quarantine on each end. Yeah. I would if I could.
Sounds like you just need to make a drive, It would take half the time of the double 14 day quarantine. I feel the struggle of the quarantine right now so its definitely not worth it.
92 Green YJ likes this.

YJOTM: Jan 2021

post #420 of 433 Old 02-10-2021, 02:35 PM
NHfireLJ

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Don't worry... I'll take a drive by and check it out for you. Maybe break in a trail or two..
92 Green YJ and bruinjeeper like this.

AUDREY...95 YJ UNLIMITED LS

LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495
SOLD

BETTY...94, Stroker 4.6,35"s, SOLD

style intake

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in