Build. the General Lee, tons, 40s, stretch, etc - Page 27 - JeepForum.com
 276Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #391 of 433 Old 02-07-2021, 12:30 PM
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

It`ll be a culture shock for sure. Overall cost of living will be lower but do expect certain things to be a bit more expensive.
Always get a kick waiting at a traffic light and a guy with a quad pulls up in the left turn lane.

Summer short, fall beautiful. Winters cold and harsh. Spring brings plenty of variables with the ground thawing and rain/snow.

Please don't be running the General on them salt covered roads. Its far to nice to eaten away. That Summit heater will be put to a good test.

92 Green YJ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 433 Old 02-07-2021, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
92 Green YJ

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
Wow. That home sounds awesome. Good luck on the offer. Hope ya get it! We've never been in the N.E. part of the country...but summer pics look amazing. Now I know who to look up if we ever do. Lol.

We found out the Idaho market is going nuts b/c of people moving there, and bidding wars are just crazy. So we put a deposit down new construction... should be sometime early next year.

At least your Jeep is all ready to go!
Itís not just Idaho. Our agent told us the inventory in Maine right now is way lower than normal. At least half a dozen of the houses we have favorited on Zillow have sold already. Not just people fleeing California, but people fleeing the big cities all over the country as well. Our agent said they have had a lot of clients from Boston and New York City working with them as well.

Part of the reason we are jumping on this property now even though we arenít planning to move until the end of June. We really like the place and want to get it. Once we have an accepted offer and our under contract Iíll post some more pics and info on the property. Definitely a dream property for us.
RockWoRM likes this.

92 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited +
Tons, 40s, tons of mods
post #393 of 433 Old 02-07-2021, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
92 Green YJ

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste View Post
It`ll be a culture shock for sure. Overall cost of living will be lower but do expect certain things to be a bit more expensive.
Always get a kick waiting at a traffic light and a guy with a quad pulls up in the left turn lane.

Summer short, fall beautiful. Winters cold and harsh. Spring brings plenty of variables with the ground thawing and rain/snow.

Please don't be running the General on them salt covered roads. Its far to nice to eaten away. That Summit heater will be put to a good test.
It wonít be that much of a shock to me actually. I was born and raised in upstate New York on a 32 acre horse farm in a small town with a population of about 200. Also lived in northeast Ohio on a 28 acre farm for 7 years and spent 4 years in Providence Rhode Island for college. Yes my cold weather tolerance has gone to **** in the 16 years Iíve been in San Diego. But Iím sure it will come back after the first winter in Maine.

With the proceeds we will get from selling here and if the offer we put in is accepted, our mortgage payment on the new place will be about $800 a month with the property taxes included. Thatís about half of what we are paying for our 3 bed, 2 bath, 1000 sq ft shoe box on an 1/8 an acre here.

Ironically, the General is better sealed and protected on the bottom than my 2014 Ram 1500 is. Gonna have to undercoat that and the wifeís Grand Cherokee before we make the move. Iíll still most likely be trailering the Jeep to go wheeling anyway so I doubt it will see much road salt.
jsawduste and 87TPIYJ like this.

Tons, 40s, tons of mods

post #394 of 433 Old 02-07-2021, 02:26 PM
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Holy smokes, Scott. This is the first I've heard about you moving back east.

I'm in Southern Maryland & love it here! Lots of farms, large properties, but still not too far from DC, or Baltimore. DC is ~60 miles NW of me, and Baltimore is ~85 miles north.

Rivers are EVERYWHERE, which is great for fishing with my bass boat. I live across the street from water/Patuxent River and can launch my boat in ~1 minute from my home. Maryland has ~7,700 miles of shoreline.

I go off-roading almost every single day. Today was in ~3" of fresh snow.

Best of luck buying a new home for your family. Property equities have been on the rise here too.
92 Green YJ and paulhead like this.
post #395 of 433 Old 02-07-2021, 02:33 PM
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hmm, I noticed that Joe takes his boat out very often, sounds like. Sounds like fun and very cool. But zero mention of catching any fish... lol!

Look forward to some pics if it works out Scott.

Btw... Moab in May. Stop procrastinating Joe and put in for time off and hook up that Jeep and drag it out there.
92 Green YJ and daddyjeep87 like this.

'05 LJR, 6sp, RC long arm w/MC 6" coils, 5.13 D44's w/chromo shafts, MetalCloak fenders/sliders/body armor, 37x12.50 MTR's, Warn 9.5, RockHard swing out w/full spare. <><
post #396 of 433 Old 02-07-2021, 02:41 PM
NHfireLJ

1995 YJ Wrangler 

WOW Scott, thats one hell of a move / change... Welcome to New england..

So where in Maine did you make the offer on? I'm only 3.5 hrs from Bangor. Went to college in Castine 40 min from Bangor and still head to Bar Harbor for a late fall trip...

Plenty of friends in the area if you need anything...

Great skiing at Sugarloaf, plenty of sledding / snow mobile trails... and decent wheeling on private or class 6 roads in NH / Vt/ ME...

Good luck w the move... And I do a winter trip in Feb with the rovers and plenty of topless warriors out there... Crazy and cold, but they are out there...

-Sam
92 Green YJ likes this.

AUDREY...95 YJ UNLIMITED LS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SOLD

BETTY...94, Stroker 4.6,35"s, SOLD

style intake
post #397 of 433 Old 02-07-2021, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
92 Green YJ

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHfireLJ View Post
WOW Scott, thats one hell of a move / change... Welcome to New england..

So where in Maine did you make the offer on? I'm only 3.5 hrs from Bangor. Went to college in Castine 40 min from Bangor and still head to Bar Harbor for a late fall trip...

Plenty of friends in the area if you need anything...

Great skiing at Sugarloaf, plenty of sledding / snow mobile trails... and decent wheeling on private or class 6 roads in NH / Vt/ ME...

Good luck w the move... And I do a winter trip in Feb with the rovers and plenty of topless warriors out there... Crazy and cold, but they are out there...

-Sam
Mariaville which is basically right smack dab in between Bangor and Ellsworth. And as of about ten minutes ago it is no longer an offer. We are under contract! The seller accepted our offer as is! Give me a few minutes to pull some pics off of Zillow and Iíll post some teasers.
87TPIYJ likes this.

Tons, 40s, tons of mods
post #398 of 433 Old 02-07-2021, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
92 Green YJ

1992 YJ Wrangler 

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...84964406_zpid/

Looks like Zillow uses some kind of oddball file type for their pictures. But the above link is the property.

Tons, 40s, tons of mods
post #399 of 433 Old 02-07-2021, 10:37 PM
paulhead
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...84964406_zpid/

Looks like Zillow uses some kind of oddball file type for their pictures. But the above link is the property.
Jealous man, thats beautiful.
92 Green YJ likes this.

Trying to weld has honed my grinding skills

post #400 of 433 Old 02-07-2021, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
92 Green YJ

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhead View Post
Jealous man, thats beautiful.
Thanks. Wife and I are stoked! That said the listing isnít completely accurate. We are actually getting 24 acres as opposed to 18. The parcel map shows the area in green as not being included, we are getting those fields as well. It sat on the market for 247 days at 24 acres and a 499k price tag. Just a few days ago they carved off those 6 acres and relisted at 399. So as part of our offer we asked for those 6 acres back to guarantee nothing gets built in front of the house.

Tons, 40s, tons of mods
post #401 of 433 Old 02-08-2021, 03:13 AM
87TPIYJ
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Build. the General Lee, tons, 40s, stretch, etc

Dude wow! Congratulations! Itís unbelievable you can get that for that price.
92 Green YJ likes this.

YJUnlimited stretch, Links, SBC, Tons, Lockers, and stuff
March 2017 YJOTM/ 2017 YJOTY

post #402 of 433 Old 02-08-2021, 04:54 AM
grandboost98

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Congrats on the house! Theres some great wheelin to be had here in New England, hope to see you around!
92 Green YJ likes this.

89 Wrangler-3.5" HD BDS lift,M.O.R.E HD 5/8" booms on 35" KM2s
99 Cherokee-2 door,5" lift on 35" KM2s
04 Grand Cherokee Overland
72 Chevy Nova-in progress

post #403 of 433 Old 02-08-2021, 06:56 AM
bruinjeeper
Moderation in Moderation

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Congrats dude! That's amazing.

You can open your own offroad park on that size of a plot.
92 Green YJ likes this.

~YJOTM MAY '16, JULY '19~

post #404 of 433 Old 02-08-2021, 07:45 AM
daddyjeep87
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Nice property and a really nice house. Congrats.
92 Green YJ likes this.

87 YJ, 5.7/TH350/NP241/HP Dana44/9", Custom 4 link/ Radius Arms, ADS Nitrogen Shocks, 35" Cooper STT

post #405 of 433 Old 02-08-2021, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
92 Green YJ

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks everyone. We are very excited. This property is more than we could have dreamed and honestly, the pictures don’t even show half of the goodies and details of this place. Not shown is a large open pole barn across the parking lot type area from the attached garage/barn that is currently housing a tractor and some other equipment (which I am also going to try to buy from the owner. Gonna need it to maintain this property) also has a whole house back up generator, the workshop pictured is on the second story of the barn/garage. All the floors are real oak solid wood, all soft close drawers in the kitchen, I could go on.

I will definitely be cutting a couple of Jeep trails thru the wooded part of the property for some backyard wheeling. Thinking a backstop and small rifle range on one of the fields if possible. And I’m still planning to add a detached maybe 30x40 shop with a lean to off to the side to park the RV under across the parking area from the house as my actual shop.

Tons, 40s, tons of mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in