• 1 Post By bruinjeeper
  • 1 Post By Luuca
  • 1 Post By YJ94SBC

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 07-25-2021, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Awesome

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Bedliner Showdown. Which one is best?

TL;DW, the Raptor made the list, but Herculiner beat it out. The best bedliner is Durabak.

Not tested: LineX and Monstaliner.

The 4th 5-seater YJ in the world.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-25-2021, 05:16 PM
bruinjeeper
Moderation in Moderation

1995 YJ Wrangler 

92 Green YJ likes this.

~YJOTM MAY '16, JULY '19~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 07-25-2021, 06:19 PM
Waternut

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Cool. I remember watching the spray on bedliner a while back from him. IMO it's hard to go wrong with any of the top performers. Going cheap on bedliner is a huge mistake though because the budget ones just don't stand up to the sun and elements for long periods of time.

post #4 of 9 Old 07-25-2021, 09:37 PM
Flyer58

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Here's one I've seen advertised which has both a thermal coating and sound coating - LizardSkin.

post #5 of 9 Old 07-25-2021, 09:38 PM
timatoe

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have experience with Herculiner, Raptor and Monsta (although the Monsta is on an exterior and not on a floor / truck bed) Raptor is an over rated product in my opinion and every application I've seen it on it has cracked and peeled. The Herculiner I rolled into the tub of my Jeep 15 years ago is still in great shape other than directly under my right heel where it's worn through. The Monsta I sprayed on about 8 years ago still looks good, no cracking, peeling or fading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-25-2021, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Awesome

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I need to do the bed of my truck, but wasn't sure if Herculiner was any good. Now I know. Figured you guys might be interested as well.

The 4th 5-seater YJ in the world.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-25-2021, 11:23 PM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

1986 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
I have experience with Herculiner, Raptor and Monsta (although the Monsta is on an exterior and not on a floor / truck bed) Raptor is an over rated product in my opinion and every application I've seen it on it has cracked and peeled. The Herculiner I rolled into the tub of my Jeep 15 years ago is still in great shape other than directly under my right heel where it's worn through. The Monsta I sprayed on about 8 years ago still looks good, no cracking, peeling or fading.
honestly, I am impressed witht he durability and adhesion of Monsta. My daughter's jeep has been in Baker Grade heat and -16 below overnight and the Monsta is just as good as the day we installed it. My only gripe is that it holds dust very well. need to actually use a cleaner and a brush to get it back to black. The driver's footwell, which normally and naturally gets the most abuse without a rubber floor mat or carpet - is perfect on Alice.

We plan on using Monsta on my son's 93... just can't decide on a whole Monsta paint job or just the interior. .. .
timatoe likes this.

91 YJ "Alice"
YJOTM Sept. 2017
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost" SOLD

Luck Favours The Prepared
post #8 of 9 Old 07-26-2021, 07:33 AM
Waternut

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I like this guys reviews for sure as they very informative but I've never taken his results at face value. Your own personal needs should factor into your decision.

I had a Jeep with some kind of rubbery bed liner laid in really thick inside. I liked the rubbery stuff in terms of keeping noise and heat down but I honestly didn't like it overall. It always looks white/red because holds all of the dirt. Drilling/grinding that rubbery stuff was horrendous because it would just just clump and make a huge mess. I used Raptor in my trucks bed and interior and it sat outside in the GA weather for 5 years without issue before I sold it. Raptor has also been inside my Jeep for 4 years without any issues. I know everyone doesn't have an air compressor but Raptor and any other spray in bedliner (not the spray can type stuff) has the ability to spray in with different textures depending on your psi settings. It may not matter to some but for me, I like a smoother texture that grips less but cleans easier and doesn't trap dirt. That's something most roll on and spray can style bedliners just don't have.

post #9 of 9 Old 07-26-2021, 10:22 AM
YJ94SBC

Cool video! I was glad to see Durabak do so well, as that’s is what will soon be on my rig. Thanks for sharing the video
Awesome likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in