1Likes
  • 1 Post By shaggyjim

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 01-16-2018, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
4xphate

1994 ZJ 

Garage
about soft top hardware

So I have a friend who has a 94 yj. Yeah I know how that sounds but I would admit if it was mine, I have a zj for gods sake.

He has ordered two tops that dont fit so I assume the hardware is aftermarket? Any way to tell what he has so he doesnt have to order the hardware and top?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-16-2018, 12:42 PM
Magnum
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So I have a friend who has a 94 yj. Yeah I know how that sounds but I would admit if it was mine, I have a zj for gods sake.
I got a good laugh out of that. I had a coworker ask me a bunch of questions about his "friend's" TJ. I later found out that it was actually his own, but he did not want to admit to me that he had impulsively bought a 4 cylinder.

Anyway, try this etrailer link below. Quadratec also has a guide that shows some of the different hardware.

https://www.etrailer.com/faq-jeep-so...-hardware.aspx

94 YJ, 4.0, 5-Spd, 33x12.5 GY Duratrac, RE 2.5" Lift
Brown Dog Mounts, 8.8 w/ disks, TrueTrac f & r
post #3 of 10 Old 01-16-2018, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
4xphate

1994 ZJ 

Garage
Thanks, that should do it. Will find out tomorrow.

post #4 of 10 Old 03-05-2018, 08:47 AM
grizwilson

I have a 1990 Jeep YJ Wrangler, it still has the original frame, the fabric has been replaced with Best top. It needs a new frame and soft top, I would like one of the newer systems rather than the rail to attach the front? I am interested in the fold back sun roof. It has the half doors. Having trouble deciphering my options. Help appreciated.
g
post #5 of 10 Old 03-07-2018, 10:33 PM
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizwilson View Post
I have a 1990 Jeep YJ Wrangler, it still has the original frame, the fabric has been replaced with Best top. It needs a new frame and soft top, I would like one of the newer systems rather than the rail to attach the front? I am interested in the fold back sun roof. It has the half doors. Having trouble deciphering my options. Help appreciated.
g
https://www.quadratec.com/advisor/je...soft&year=1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

Come on by! It's easy to network locally when you join a 4x4 club especially when all the clubs in your state are united and invited to each other's runs. You meet poor folk like me or run into guys that own some of the big companies you only aspire to order from and drool when you see their products. The great uniting factor is that we are all jeepers at heart and are willing to help each other out even if its just a little. That's what the jeep wave is all about: community. The wave is the tip of the iceberg.
post #6 of 10 Old 03-07-2018, 11:24 PM
timatoe

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizwilson View Post
g
Bestop is the OEM supplier for soft tops, might just give them a call and ask what your options are. They're pretty helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
post #7 of 10 Old 03-10-2018, 06:57 PM
shaggyjim
NARF!

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Don't overlook the frameless soft tops option for your YJ..... umm... ""friends"" YJ. they look and work great.
Chrisnvegas likes this.

Jim...

......YJOTM June 18......
post #8 of 10 Old 01-06-2019, 11:41 PM
EOCTanker
1994 YJ Wrangler 

My 94 YJ (actually my son's, but I don't want to say that I am asking for a friend...) came with a soft top and hard top. The soft top is about worn out and my son bought a new top. It was the Bestop Supertop. The YJ has full hard doors, so it really narrows down the options. The problem is that the soft top doesn't fit... He said that after attaching the top on the windshield, it is about 10 inches short to attach to the back points... The frame that is on the Jeep is different and I can't find any pictures that match it fully. I am attaching a schematic that I found on line, but I don't have any pictures right now since I am in Iraq and he is in NC... When he sends me a picture of the soft top frame, I will attach it.

My question is this. What hardware is on the Jeep? What soft top will fit? What options do we have at this point (I really don't want to have to spend the money on new hardware when this one works fine)?
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep soft top hardware.jpg  
post #9 of 10 Old 01-07-2019, 12:51 PM
Magnum
1994 YJ Wrangler 

My YJ has soft doors, so it is a bit different. But the diagram you posted looks like original Jeep hardware. The Bestop Supertop requires Supertop hardware. It was intended as a replacement when the whole top - hardware and skin - was shot. For original Jeep hardware, the correct Bestop product would be the Replace-A-Top. There are some pictures on Bestop's website showing the different hardware sets.
Hope this helps --
-- Jim

94 YJ, 4.0, 5-Spd, 33x12.5 GY Duratrac, RE 2.5" Lift
Brown Dog Mounts, 8.8 w/ disks, TrueTrac f & r
post #10 of 10 Old 01-08-2019, 02:11 AM
EOCTanker
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Magnum, thanks for the response. I like the hardware that came with the YJ. It seems to be heavy duty. Does anyone have the Bestop Supertop or Sunrider top with hardware? Is the hardware heavy duty or kinda cheap?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in