91 yj build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 Old 09-29-2013, 06:54 PM
PA_YJ19

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylekid33
Well grenaded the turdyfive today, just driving down the road so now im looking for a 8.8 may as well go spring over while i'm at it...vim just scared im going to run into a bunch of extras I'll need and be jeepless for a few months.
Nice, time to upgrade. If ur going to go spring over I would do it at the same time. Ur jeep will def. b down for awhile tho. Unless u have all the parts u need ahead of time and a friend or 2 to help. I do everything on mine by myself n it took several months but I had a lot of rust repair to do in during the process as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 Old 09-29-2013, 08:30 PM
droopypillow
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I'm Soa with 2.5in springs and 1'boom shackles with a exploder rear and love it. But like you said when I swapped over I ran into a lot of little thing that kept me jeep less for a few weeks
post #18 of 22 Old 09-29-2013, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
freestylekid33

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I might just fix dana 35 for now so I can drive it while I gather parts, just need pinion bearings.. im broke right now and still live with my parents so dont wanna catch **** from them qbout my jeep being torn apart in their driveway for months haha.. any way ya can send me a link or list of everything you needed when ya did the swap?

post #19 of 22 Old 09-30-2013, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
freestylekid33

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Will a xj 8.25 work if i do SOA with stock perches?
post #20 of 22 Old 09-30-2013, 11:40 AM
PA_YJ19

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylekid33
Will a xj 8.25 work if i do SOA with stock perches?
Yep, it'll work just fine. Ur not going to have much luck finding a locker for it other than a lunchbox tho. If u have one, I would throw it under there. They can take quite a bit of abuse, ive wheeled with a bunch of xj guys that don't ever seem to have ne trouble with theirs.
post #21 of 22 Old 09-30-2013, 11:46 AM
PA_YJ19

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Main things for SOA is a high steer, u can just get the JB 4x4 bracket and upgrade ur steering linkage later. U can reuse the stock perches, I would buy some shock tabs tho to move ur shocks up out of harms way. Extended brake lies if u don't have them already n the aye and cv shaft but u already have those. U can build an Antiwrap bar for ur rear axle later down the road after it's locked and ull run into some other small things along the way. As long as u can weld u should b in business, the sye and cv shaft r the toughest part of it. Other than that it's just getting ur pinion lined up in the rear. Go to lowes or home depo n buy a cheap $10 magnetic angle finder. I can show u how to get it dead on since u already have ur shaft n everything.
post #22 of 22 Old 09-30-2013, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
freestylekid33

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Sweet! Yea i only blew up one 8.25 outa the 3 xj's i had.. Maybe ill get one and do 4.56's since i'll have to regear anyways.. Time to start shoppin for parts haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in