Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

89 YJ 2.5 and mystery connector

383 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  kevindee866 
#1 ·
Hi all. New to Wrangler life. I recently bought an 89 with a lot of work done to it but a few things need to be done. I'm chasing a fast idle 2000 rpm. Tracing vacuum setup and lots of dangling hoses. I think I have a plan bit for the life or me I cannot figure out what goes in here. Anyone have a pic of their 89 engine compartment. This is diagonally left behind throttle body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#5 ·
Isn't that the EGR valve vacuum pipe?

Is this YJ been Nuttered? Lots of stuff gets disco'ed if it has been Nuttered.

#7 ·
Did that fix the rpm?

BTW the idea of the vacuum to rocker cover is this: one end pulls air from the air cleaner while the other end has manifold vacuum with a limiting valve. That way A) air going into crankcase is ‘filtered clean’ B) blow-by or oil vapors are burned by the engine C) oil-soaked motor doesn’t exist quite so much anymore

The most important thing is under vacuum, feed it filtered air!

#8 ·
Still working thru it all. That CCV was already connected so that mystery solved. Found that there is a vacuum line with a connector from air filter that plugs in and then goes to throttle body. That was just hanging. So today is to continue trace. I till need to trace egr canister solenoid ad one line is disconnected and also have to find out why the canister port that should have the line to the gas tank is not connected (def new tank and fuel likes were done before I got it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.