2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 29 Old 05-13-2015, 06:20 AM
HaskiE

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoos View Post
This is somewhat pricey at $160, but it's another alternative to feeding the 8.8's calipers for those needing extra stopping power.

"...The BPM uses the excess fluid capacity available in the master cylinder bore to provide increased line pressure for the low volume requirements of a small piston caliper brake system, such as Ford Explorer, Corvette and GM rear disc brake calipers, and is ideal for use with rear drum brake systems."

http://www.ecihotrodbrakes.com/brake_pressure_multiplier.html
wow! what a thing!

clickable:
http://www.ecihotrodbrakes.com/brake...ultiplier.html

Photo:

Graph:

Text:
Recipient of the 2004 NSRA Best New Product, and Best New Safety products Awards

The ECI brake pressure multiplier (BPM) utilizes a unique step piston configuration to increase brake system pressures 50-60% where itís needed most- at higher pedal forces. The BPM uses the excess fluid capacity available in the master cylinder bore to provide increased line pressure for the low volume requirements of a small piston caliper brake system, such as Ford Explorer, Corvette and GM rear disc brake calipers, and is ideal for use with rear drum brake systems.

Due to itís step piston multiplication system, the BPM continues to provide 150% to 160% of inlet pressure as pedal effort increases, unlike a vacuum boosterís assist, which remains constant after maximum
boost is reached with line pressure only increasing linearly with increased pedal force.

Low pressure operation and system filling remain unchanged, with pressure multiplication occurring only at the higher pressure levels required for optimum system performance. Each BPM is tailored to your exact system requirements during assembly to provide the
maximum increase in pressure and brake performance. A slight increase in pedal travel is required for operation.

The BPM is installed in the brake line and can be used with or without a vacuum booster. Chassis mounting is required..

EC-1500...................................$ 159.95

1992 YJ 1"Body Lift, Slip Yoke Eliminator & CV Driveshaft,
2.5" TJ exhaust, WJ valve cover, XJ Computer, External Slave Cyl AX15,
Durango Steeringbox, No track or sway bars, CJ tailgate, on 31's :)
#theneverendingaxe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 Old 05-15-2015, 01:30 PM
Jeeps2006
1991 YJ Wrangler 

New brake booster and master cylinder from a 1995 YJ to release the new rear disks, easy swap. don't forget to loosen the screw on the master cylinder to set pedal level correctly.
post #18 of 29 Old 10-28-2015, 11:11 AM
fixxit413
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Backing plates for 8.8

blackmagic.com rear backing plates for 8.8, just bolt on and attatch cables comes complete with shoes....makes it easy and fair price.

post #19 of 29 Old 10-28-2015, 11:15 AM
fixxit413
1992 YJ Wrangler 

BlackMagicBrakes.com

sorry that should be BlackMagicBrakes.com, with the stock pads no issues running my 33's run about 150 to your door for pair. Also you can get stock 8.8 cables from napa and rig em to tyour YJ main cable.
post #20 of 29 Old 10-29-2015, 06:07 PM
Partsmke
1998 TJ Wrangler 

For great service on brake or any other automotive cable try: cables.com I bought mine from them on a YJ with Ford Motorsport brakes. I contacted Ed, he knows his stuff and the cables are high quality and inexpensive.
post #21 of 29 Old 10-29-2015, 08:13 PM
cyoos
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partsmke View Post
For great service on brake or any other automotive cable try: cables.com...
Could you verify that website? I went to it and it's computer cables.
post #22 of 29 Old 11-03-2015, 01:07 AM
cyoos
1992 YJ Wrangler 

FYI - I called OME and their locator pins have a 13MM head.
post #23 of 29 Old 11-07-2015, 04:47 PM
Partsmke
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partsmke View Post
For great service on brake or any other automotive cable try: cables.com I bought mine from them on a YJ with Ford Motorsport brakes. I contacted Ed, he knows his stuff and the cables are high quality and inexpensive.
I messed up and have been out of town.
http://www.controlcables.com/parking-brake-cables-2/
post #24 of 29 Old 02-22-2016, 06:53 PM
WICruiser
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Brake Cables

I agree that Control Cables (http://www.controlcables.com/) is the way to go for E-Brake cables.

I measured my set-up, gave them the measurements and they provided high quality, great fitting cables for less than I could find from the typical sources.
post #25 of 29 Old 03-24-2016, 07:25 PM
JoeCoVA
1988 YJ Wrangler 

So it was suggested that I post in here; that I found that 2002-2005 Explorer Sport-Tracs (The truck version) use the same 31 spline disc break axles as the 95-01 Explorers. This opens up a few more model years for people searching for 8.8's
cyoos and DirectMatrix like this.
post #26 of 29 Old 01-29-2017, 11:27 AM
Lockmin

1993 YJ Wrangler 

This is my posting. It is a 5.3, 4L60E auto trans. and a 8.8 install in a 93 YJ. The 8.8 is later in the post as I did it the next winter.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/i...mance-3299289/
post #27 of 29 Old 02-12-2018, 12:23 PM
mrossum

inexpensive 8.8 install

I grabbed a complete rear end assembly out of 2003 sport track. was able to get all hardware as well, including ford driveshaft, U-bolts and plates, with built in shock mounts, and parking brake cables.

I cut spring perches, carefully, off of 8.8 rear end, repositioned them, and welded them back on in correct spot and angle for my yj. used ford U-bolts and plates. attached stock yj shocks to ford spring mounting plates. had to massage the shock mounts on the plates a little for correct shock bolt angle. stock brake line attached to ford splitter block. routed ford parking brake cables to left side and cut cables and housings to correct lengths to attach to stock yj holder. used a couple brass bulkhead connectors to keep cables from rattling and vibrating in holder. drilled hole in 1/4"x20 coupling nut, and routed cable through it (same for other cable). set to correct length for connecting to stock yj splitter. tightened 1/4"x20 bolts in each end of coupling nut, pinching cable securely. adjust yj parking brake splitter to obtain correct parking brake settings. removed driveshaft flange off of ford driveshaft. purchased conversion u-joint (Spicer 5-134x) and attached companion flange to stock yj driveshaft.

Voila!!! complete 8.8 disc brake rear axle assembly, installed for a grand total of $36, not including initial cost of the rear end itself.
post #28 of 29 Old 07-05-2018, 08:29 PM
fishadventure
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
...|Ö

[size=ď3Ē]Shackles & D-rings are different things.
Cranking IS turning over
post #29 of 29 Old 03-10-2019, 04:32 PM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

here's another 8.8 story. If it even matters at this point.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/...story-4332781/

~YJOTM MAY '16, JULY '19~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in