6Likes
  • 2 Post By Joe Dillard
  • 2 Post By Luuca
  • 2 Post By StrippedTorx

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-13-2019, 04:47 AM Thread Starter
StrippedTorx

Anybody ever put a set in their YJ?
My buddy gave me a set of mint I,mean clean as a whistle, been covered for 50 years, 1965 mustang seats.

They look really sharp. And it has me debating putting them in the rig. I’ve always been a fan of lowback seats. About every non Jeep vehicle I have had had them.

What say you forum? Was debating saving them for a dj5 project. But I haven’t even started on that and it might be a good 2 years before that things even back on the road.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-13-2019, 05:50 PM
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator

1991 YJ Wrangler 

I'd sell 'em to a Mustang owner/rebuilder & use the $ to buy something similar but far cheaper if I were you.

For me - I'd sell in the same manner & buy seats meant to protect and give comfort to me.

I've driven numerous (hundreds) of CJ's that had all sorts of low back seats. Definitely not something I'd swap into my YJ. The cool factor is high - but not where it matters over the long run for me.
Boojo35 and underscore like this.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-13-2019, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
StrippedTorx

Prbably what I’ll end up doing. The prices on these locally are high. And I’ve got a sahara already. Buddy is going to be mad when he finds out how much money he tossed out though.

post #4 of 5 Old 06-14-2019, 12:20 AM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrippedTorx View Post
Prbably what Iíll end up doing. The prices on these locally are high. And Iíve got a sahara already. Buddy is going to be mad when he finds out how much money he tossed out though.
Think of it as an opportunity to test the friendship. sell the seats, then buy him something nice for his project... like a 12 pack.
Boojo35 and NHfireLJ like this.

91 YJ "Alice"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
YJOTM Sept. 2017
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Luck Favours The Prepared
post #5 of 5 Old 06-14-2019, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
StrippedTorx

Lucca I think you’re right, instead of a 12 pack maybe some whiskey. Heck he still has the mustang and I’m sure the seats were never destined to go back in.
Attached Thumbnails
33BB80F6-478D-4041-B45B-F1C649DB8D62_1560506080344.jpg   D1C1E2BD-4F26-41AB-A719-1B9DC7B435B2_1560506111153.jpg  
Boojo35 and NHfireLJ like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in