5.2L/AX15 Swap Bellhousing - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 11-22-2011, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

5.2L/AX15 Swap Bellhousing

So I'm planning to do a 5.2L swap from my ZJ to my YJ. Im also doing a swap from the TF999 to an AX15.

I've been trying to find a a dodge bellhousing from the mid 90s from a v6 but haven't had any luck. I keep finding the 87-93 one.

Any ideas where to look online? Or what exact years and engine combos are capable of being donors?

My iPhone will poison your Android.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
So ghost has a plug in his hole and opihi has a gaping hole, Do I need to worry about this hole at all? I just don't want to start her up and have something spewing out of it.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-24-2011, 07:55 PM

They can be easy to find sometimes and hard to find other times. I eventually found one on ebay.
post #3 of 7 Old 11-28-2011, 08:41 AM
bmgadg

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Found plenty on car-part.com and had one shipped to me for around $60.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old 08-10-2012, 07:14 PM
95cherokee318
1995 ZJ 

hey guys, i'm in the process of swapping my auto to the ax15 in my zj, will my bell housing bolt onto the ax15? what can i do?
any suggestions???
post #5 of 7 Old 08-11-2012, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95cherokee318 View Post
hey guys, i'm in the process of swapping my auto to the ax15 in my zj, will my bell housing bolt onto the ax15? what can i do?
any suggestions???
You'll need what I was thinking of looking for, the late mid 90s Dodge V6 bellhousing for an AX15.

The V6 has the same pattern as the magnum v8 but the V6 had the AX15 (Aka NV4550) where as the magnum v8 had auto in chevy trucks. So just look for the Dodge/Chrysler V6 from trucks in the mid-late 90s...I forget what model it was specifically since I went with a 4.0 for now since I am unsure what I will be doing with my ZJ at this point.

check car-parts for the bellhousing once you search the forum/google more for the model of truck, the info is out there, good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
So ghost has a plug in his hole and opihi has a gaping hole, Do I need to worry about this hole at all? I just don't want to start her up and have something spewing out of it.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.

Last edited by Delta347; 08-20-2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: "bmgadg"'s post made me realize I typed chevy instead of Chrysler.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-11-2012, 01:39 AM
95cherokee318
1995 ZJ 

thanks! would it work from a dakota?
and when i look for the other bell housing, do i search under ax15? from dodge/chevy v6?
post #7 of 7 Old 08-20-2012, 02:05 PM
bmgadg

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Dakota came with the ax-15 and the bellhousing to mount to magnum engines. Swap the bellhousing to your ax-15 and bolt it to any dodge magnum. I seriously doubt anything from a chevy is going to work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in