4cl 2.5 exaust? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 08-14-2006, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Jakesteads

4cl 2.5 exaust?

anyone had a good experience with an exaust for their 4banger? im looking at getting something that will make my jeep sound a little meaner if u know what i mean right now it sounds like my little civic haha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-14-2006, 02:14 PM
CalicoYJ

I used to have a Gibson cat back on my 4 banger. It broke after it rusted and I put a new stock exhaust on yesterday. I recomend just getting a new muffler because the loud exhaust system gets annoying, but if you really want a system the gibson sounds good.
post #3 of 7 Old 08-14-2006, 02:23 PM
94mangler

I took my YJ to a muffler shop.They put on a factory equivalent muffler installed for 60 bucks.Sounds real good for the price, has a nice rumble to it

post #4 of 7 Old 08-14-2006, 02:34 PM
accord387

a header and intake will give the 4 cylinder a nice growl without the ricer exaust sound.
post #5 of 7 Old 08-14-2006, 06:23 PM
l_thurier

Yeahh, I put a cherry bomb on mine...sounds like a ricer. lol. I gotta get somethin new.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-14-2006, 06:56 PM
RKBA
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I had the local muffler shop replace my stock muffler with a Goerlick's turbo muffler. It is essentially the same as any other generic turbo muffler out there. You can tell there has been a change to the exhaust but it doesn't drone or buzz like the import tuner cars. It idles down nice and quiet, almost stock which is what I was after in traffic with the top off.
It does sound like what it is; a 4 banger with a turbo muffler but it isn't juvenile or obnoxious.

2002 TJ SE
2006 LJ
2007 Rockwood Freedom 2280
post #7 of 7 Old 08-15-2006, 09:58 PM
paultyler
Uncle Paul has spoken...

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I tried a Magnaflow and took it off after 3 days. Wayyyy to loud. Just stay stock. It really does not make that much difference on our 4 bangers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 YJ, 35' MTR Kevlars, Klune/Dana 20, 4.88s, SYE, Rubicon D44s w/Rubicon lockers, front and rear Alloy USA chromoly shafts with 30 spline outers,
, custom cv driveshafts,
, M.O.R.E. 5/8'' boomerang shackles + 2' BL, 15lb Powertank, 4.0L TB & TB spacer, ARB Snorkel, K&N filter, rear bumper and tire rack, Rancho 9000s,
, Teraflex Bellyup,
, rock lights, RE hand throttle, M.O.R.E. roll cage,
, 9000lb winch with synthetic cable
(12voltguy.com), Dual Blue Top Optimas with
dual battery controller, a/c (ackits.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrad View Post
This Uncle Paul guy seems to know what he's talking about.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in