3000 posts. I need a life. Right? - JeepForum.com
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 07-21-2021, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
3000 posts. I need a life. Right?

I have to honestly say that through the years it is difficult to be a mechanic and hang around on a automotive forum. Why? Because of how bad people bash mechanics on many forums. We are all thieves in some peoples eyes, some people believe that all mechanics are mechanics because they are dumb. On and on. The YJ forum is a really chill place with good folks and the coolest forum on the planet.

My automotive IQ is pretty high and very comprehensive. I really am a Master Tech. Sure some guys have the certification but have never actually overhauled an auto trans or rebuilt and engine for example. Some very simple things for me are really a challenge for some forum members. It is cool when my experience helps somebody to conquer a challenge as such. I have trained many young techs throughout my career and really find it satisfying when I come across a young guy that wants to learn and has the aptitude to soak up the info. I really like when a problem is very objectively resolved on our forum without a guy throwing Obama type money at it or they are steered into a proper repair rather that some hoopty stuff like bungee cording seats in or whatever.

This though is a forum that I learn a ton. Why? Because you guys do crazy stupid stuff to vehicles and have it all worked out. You are problem solvers and doing things to vehicles that there is no book on or class to take. Many of you are not mechanics but yet approach some really serious mods very scientifically. Good stuff.

I guess our forum is our 12 step meeting or something. Hi. My name is Randy and I own a Jeep. I need to talk through this addiction and its struggles with somebody that understands. God. I think about Jeeps a lot... too much.

Anyways. We plan on doing Moab 2022 with the 87 and I REALLY want the 94 to be there in 2023. The trip in 2023 involves being able to eff more stuff up. The cool thing about Moab is getting to meet more of you in person. You are good folks. You better be or I have wasted 3000 posts.

jay-h, jbolty, Luuca and 4 others like this.

If you cannot fix it with a hammer then it has to be an electrical problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 07-21-2021, 06:48 PM
bruinjeeper
Moderation in Moderation

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Congrats..

I remember my 3000th post... was a wild night.

Those were the days
timatoe likes this.

~YJOTM MAY '16, JULY '19~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 Old 07-21-2021, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Wise guy.

I think every night is a wild night in your world.

YOU REALLY NEED A LIFE.

post #4 of 20 Old 07-21-2021, 07:05 PM
bruinjeeper
Moderation in Moderation

1995 YJ Wrangler 

post #5 of 20 Old 07-21-2021, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Suck it up pansy. Nobody likes a pouter.

When my son was young I really made him believe I could fix ANYTHING with hockey tape. The things he suggested to my wife that I would be able to fix with it was hysterically funny. We played that stuff out forever.

So anyways. Tape your feelings back together... Feel free to stop by a pro shop and buy pink hockey tape if need be....

We need you here bud. You are the YJOTM GOD and otherwise fine feller. I guess you are making the transition to really being a Canadian quite well. You guys are just too polite and sorry for everything. Eh?

I never knew that you were so easily butthurt though.

post #6 of 20 Old 07-21-2021, 07:57 PM
TSEJEEPERS

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Congrats!
Really though I am just looking to see how many posts I have.
Wow I really do not have a life.

93 YJ SOA 2" springs front, XJ springs rear w/main leaf added, High pinon 9 inch rear detroit locker front Dana 44 ARB 4.56 Gears, 36 inch Irok tires too much to list.
post #7 of 20 Old 07-21-2021, 08:08 PM
bruinjeeper
Moderation in Moderation

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boojo35 View Post
I guess you are making the transition to really being a Canadian quite well.

So much so that i am planning on moving to Southern Italy in 2023.

Like real planning, like property scouting planning, like lining up a job planning. lol

gotta figure out the jeep thing.

post #8 of 20 Old 07-21-2021, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinjeeper View Post
So much so that i am planning on moving to Southern Italy in 2023.

Like real planning, like property scouting planning, like lining up a job planning. lol

gotta figure out the jeep thing.
Why Italy?

We have done 3 European vacations. In order. Paris, Germany, London. All were at least 14 days.

Italy was super high on the list instead of London but London won out because they spoke freeking English. A vacation that We did not need to learn a new language..... Then again.... Get your butt into the UK and realize that English is not always English. Right Bloke? Scotts.... OMG.... English... Not sure. Supposed to be but cannot understand a damn word they say.

If you do Italy. You have an obligation. I will ride shotgun in your Jeep.

Italy is bucket list.

WTF bloke? We will discuss this on the trip to Moab.

post #9 of 20 Old 07-22-2021, 03:05 PM
calisk8er1080

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Why Italy?

We have done 3 European vacations. In order. Paris, Germany, London. All were at least 14 days.

Italy was super high on the list instead of London but London won out because they spoke freeking English. A vacation that We did not need to learn a new language..... Then again.... Get your butt into the UK and realize that English is not always English. Right Bloke? Scotts.... OMG.... English... Not sure. Supposed to be but cannot understand a damn word they say.

Italy is bucket list.

Ya know, when I lived in England I found I had an easier time understanding northerners (ok, Yorkshire, TECHNICALLY not Scotland, but close enough) than I did a good chunk of Londoners. 4 years in that part of the world and I still can't speak a lick of cockney. Oh well

Been MIA from here for a while... I'm trying to be active in this community again.
post #10 of 20 Old 07-22-2021, 03:53 PM
93YJ4FUN
1993 YJ Wrangler 

You're at 3000 post while working on your Jeep and helping a lot of people with theirs. I, on the other hand, am nearing 300 posts and I barely got my YJ home and haven't done anything to it because it's been too hot.

Looking forward to the next 3000!
post #11 of 20 Old 07-22-2021, 05:07 PM
bruinjeeper
Moderation in Moderation

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Why Italy?

Italy is bucket list.

very cheap to buy property there. Like dirt cheap. I already own my father's property, and would be able to buy two other places with cash and rent them out.

I speak Italian because my parents are Italian immigrants (lots of family there to help me out - jobs and such).

Had enough of North America.

post #12 of 20 Old 07-22-2021, 07:59 PM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

1986 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
I have to honestly say that through the years it is difficult to be a mechanic and hang around on a automotive forum. Why? Because of how bad people bash mechanics on many forums. We are all thieves in some peoples eyes, some people believe that all mechanics are mechanics because they are dumb. On and on. The YJ forum is a really chill place with good folks and the coolest forum on the planet.

My automotive IQ is pretty high and very comprehensive. I really am a Master Tech. Sure some guys have the certification but have never actually overhauled an auto trans or rebuilt and engine for example. Some very simple things for me are really a challenge for some forum members. It is cool when my experience helps somebody to conquer a challenge as such. I have trained many young techs throughout my career and really find it satisfying when I come across a young guy that wants to learn and has the aptitude to soak up the info. I really like when a problem is very objectively resolved on our forum without a guy throwing Obama type money at it or they are steered into a proper repair rather that some hoopty stuff like bungee cording seats in or whatever.

This though is a forum that I learn a ton. Why? Because you guys do crazy stupid stuff to vehicles and have it all worked out. You are problem solvers and doing things to vehicles that there is no book on or class to take. Many of you are not mechanics but yet approach some really serious mods very scientifically. Good stuff.

I guess our forum is our 12 step meeting or something. Hi. My name is Randy and I own a Jeep. I need to talk through this addiction and its struggles with somebody that understands. God. I think about Jeeps a lot... too much.

Anyways. We plan on doing Moab 2022 with the 87 and I REALLY want the 94 to be there in 2023. The trip in 2023 involves being able to eff more stuff up. The cool thing about Moab is getting to meet more of you in person. You are good folks. You better be or I have wasted 3000 posts.
this MFer plagiarizing me at every step . . .

Call me Randy. I hate working in my driveway and need a pep talk

91 YJ "Alice"
YJOTM Sept. 2017
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost" SOLD

Luck Favours The Prepared
post #13 of 20 Old 07-22-2021, 08:13 PM
bruinjeeper
Moderation in Moderation

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
Quote:

I would love to have a driveway.

Cant tell you how many times I got a lump on my head from hitting a sprinkler pipe in my underground car park while climbing around on the jeep

post #14 of 20 Old 07-22-2021, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post

I confess. The Obama type money thing came from you.. It really is one of most to the point lets do some diag first remarks I have ever seen.

I have some 300ish year old Oak trees in a triangle pattern around my turn around driveway. It is a massive canopy of shade. My driveway is enjoyable to do shade tree stuff in. Moving to the country, kids grown up and gone, and having a couple of old Jeeps has restored my love for doing shade tree stuff again. Just buy a couple of these old Oaks and have them transplanted, Tim. I am sure that for a price these can be moved..... NOT!!!!

Working in a driveway in California may seem too much like a motor pool in some hot and miserable place. I am working on my lies for ya brother.

Wife and I have tomorrow off. Last full day with grandson. Wife flies him home on saturday. Turn and burn trip.

Six weeks of being seven years old has probably messed me up.... On second thought, it has re grounded me.
Luuca likes this.

post #15 of 20 Old 07-23-2021, 05:36 AM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I confess. The Biden type money thing came from you.. It really is one of most to the point lets do some diag first remarks I have ever seen.

I have some 300ish year old Oak trees in a triangle pattern around my turn around driveway. It is a massive canopy of shade. My driveway is enjoyable to do shade tree stuff in. Moving to the country, kids grown up and gone, and having a couple of old Jeeps has restored my love for doing shade tree stuff again. Just buy a couple of these old Oaks and have them transplanted, Tim. I am sure that for a price these can be moved..... NOT!!!!

Working in a driveway in California may seem too much like a motor pool in some hot and miserable place. I am working on my lies for ya brother.

Wife and I have tomorrow off. Last full day with grandson. Wife flies him home on saturday. Turn and burn trip.

Six weeks of being seven years old has probably messed me up.... On second thought, it has re grounded me.
Fixed it for you. Obama aint got nothing on this inflationist

If it makes you feel any better it has taken me over a decade to get 5,000

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in