2.5L starting problems. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-25-2009, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
bob082484
1995 YJ Wrangler 

2.5L starting problems.

Still havin problems with my 95 four banger. Just replaced the motor with a new one. Had to replace the distributor so thats new. Capacitors were replaced and worked fine before the swap. New crankshaft and camshaft position sensors. No check engine lights. I am gettin the cel before start up so i know that the computer is working ok. I was having problems like this before the swap and it seems to be temperature related. If i leave it sit overnight it wont start unless i put something in the engine bay to keep it warm. However, once it starts in the morning it will be fine for the rest of the day. The best i can get out of it is a couple pops but then it wont try to start at all. It also cranks over just fine. I'm completely out of ideas.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-27-2009, 07:05 PM
CopMech
1946 CJ2A 

Sounds scary

I'm in the same process, replacing the engine in my 92 with a 98 TJ engine and sure hope all will go well as i have to reuse all the old parts since it's a long block only.
Your problem seems to be fuel related as you could be loosing pressure overnight in the fuel rail. You should have a look at the underside for a small leak, could be very small since you can still drive all day.
You can always try the old way when it does not start by pouring a small cap of fuel in the trottle to see if it sputter a bit more.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-27-2009, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
bob082484
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I definitely have fuel pressure. If you hit the relief valve on the fuel rail you can see lots of pressure. If i try to prime it through the tb it still just cranks. I just replaced the intake air charge temp sensor and it seems to be working but its been pretty warm here in PA as of late. Its supposed to be a little chilly tomorrow so i'll try to let you know how it works out.

post #4 of 4 Old 04-09-2009, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
bob082484
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just to follow up my post, my problem was the intake air charge temp sensor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in