What is the best radiator upgrade for a 98 4L? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 18 Old 01-08-2015, 04:50 PM
skyway0018746
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddflow View Post

Some of the less expensive heavy duty all aluminum radiators, have had problems with quality control. I remember reading one person went through three returns all of which failed and had leaks.
Even the more expensive all aluminum radiators have quality issues. I've been through 3 flex-a-lite radiators . pure junk .
Make sure you get one with a warranty longer then a year ....

7" long arm lift, HNT sye , herculined inside, bush wacker fender flares now geared and locked !!!
62 mm bored throttle body's fs - pm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 Old 01-08-2015, 09:24 PM
muddflow
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyway0018746 View Post
Even the more expensive all aluminum radiators have quality issues. I've been through 3 flex-a-lite radiators . pure junk .
Make sure you get one with a warranty longer then a year ....
I have a CSF three row (copper/brass) purchased several years ago. No problems. On road temperatures stay between 195 - 205. Sometimes the CTS stays at around 195, under 200.

In heavy sand, using the oe aux fan keeps coolant temperatures at around ~210 and less.

You're right about some of the more expensive radiators may not hold up under some type of conditions.

There was one person I remember from several years ago with a ~$500.00 all aluminum. Blew it out by cracking the welds.
post #18 of 18 Old 01-09-2015, 12:22 PM
AZ Jeff
Web Wheeler
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddflow View Post
I have a CSF three row (copper/brass) purchased several years ago. No problems. On road temperatures stay between 195 - 205. Sometimes the CTS stays at around 195, under 200.

In heavy sand, using the oe aux fan keeps coolant temperatures at around ~210 and less.

You're right about some of the more expensive radiators may not hold up under some type of conditions.

There was one person I remember from several years ago with a ~$500.00 all aluminum. Blew it out by cracking the welds.
My personal experience with AFTERMARKET (not Mopar brand) radiators is that the CSF soldered brass ones are the best out there. They beat out any of the other OEM-type aluminum/crimped plastic ones, and can be had at a decent price.

AZ-Jeff
I don't own an XJ any longer, but I still think they are the best of all the Jeep products ever made. My XJ was my favorite vehicle in my 50+ years of driving.
So...I stick around and give advice.

Tags
cooling system , radiator

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in