Upgrading fuel injectors then issues - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 04-20-2021, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
sadoon
2007 WK 

Upgrading fuel injectors then issues

hi .. i have cherokee xj 2000 i get a problem with it after upgrading fuel injectors Bosch with 12 hole then i disconnect the neg battery for 30 second then start the jeep but notice the engine has misfire i check it with obd with faults obd stop working then i back to stock injectors the jeep starts rough some spark has black carbon looks no spark at all still didnt know where to check
my xj 2000 has 801AD 2001 pcm i changed before 6 years with no issues was 635 pcm sorry for languge and sorry didnt how to explain exact issue
i have video link for engine

Attached Thumbnails
screenshot_20.jpg   screenshot_2.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-21-2021, 04:50 AM
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents

2000 XJ Cherokee 

It would be logical to assume that during the injector changing the fuel injector wire harness was damaged. Look for missing chafed melted or otherwise damaged wire insulation, and inspect and test for broken wires and failed wire splices. Insepct all the related wire harness plugs for corrosion, and bent or pushed back wire plug pins.

P1694 Fault In Companion Module. No CCD/J1850 bus messages received from the power train control module-Aisin transmission.

Possible Causes:

When the Crankshaft Position Sensor (CPS) short circuits the engine computer (PCM) shuts down to prevent damage to itself. As a result, there is no communication (P1694).

Disconnect your Crankshaft Position Sensor (CPS) then put the ignition key in the on position. If the instrument cluster starts to work, once the CPS is disconnected, then you know it is shorted. You can verify this by testing the CPS with an ohmmeter.

Follow the directions and test the CPS. Inspect the wire harnesses for damaged wires, broken wires, or chafed/melted wire insulation.

Inspect and test the CPS wire plug and wire harness for loose connection pins, corrosion, and damaged wires. Inspect, clean, and tighten firmly the two ground wires at the ignition coil. They also are ground locations for the transmission computer.

P1694 Fault In Companion Module. No CCD/J1850 bus messages received at the power train control module (PCM) from the AisinWarner Transmission Control Module (TCM).

P1694 will set if no CCd bus messages are received from PCM for 20 seconds or invalid messages are received for 20 seconds.

Possible Causes
- Faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor.
- Faulty TCM.
- CCD Bus (-) circuit open between PCM and TCM.
- CCD Bus (+) circuit open between PCM and TCM.
- Transmission CCD bus wiring damaged
- CCD Bus (-) circuit open between PCM and TCM.

CPS Testing

TESTING PROCEDURE 1991 –2001 4.0L H.O. engines
1. Near the rear of intake manifold, disconnect sensor pigtail harness connector from main wiring harness.
2. Place an ohmmeter across terminals B and C or 2 and 3 (See Images). Ohmmeter should be set to the 10K-or-2OK scale for this test.
3. The meter reading should be open (infinite resistance). Replace sensor if a low resistance is indicated.

In the past there have been reports that the Transmission Control Module (TCM) failures and Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) module failures have caused similar symptoms and faults. Note that the RKE module is on the CCD Bus. Try unplugging the RKE module and try unplugging the TCM and see if the NoBus message goes away and all gauges work. If so, replace the TCM or RKE.

Engine sensor wire harness/wire plug issues, a faulty CPS, or a faulty TCM should be the first suspects for a P1694.

Additional reading >> http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63167

“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts,
not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution” Abraham Lincoln, 1859.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-21-2021, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
sadoon
2007 WK 

my xj have bad wire engine i fix it many times yesterday i chacked instrument cluster its not working when pull out pcm wire and back the gauges work with no bus on odometer maybe i will start to change pcm first if its good i think the problem sloved ? i will try my best and follow your advice to check

post #4 of 7 Old 04-21-2021, 10:52 AM
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents

2000 XJ Cherokee 

A faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor (CPS) would explain the P1694 trouble code, and possibly the instrument cluster malfunction.

not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution” Abraham Lincoln, 1859.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-21-2021, 11:08 AM
Freedombob

Freedom hard started and ran rough until I replaced both the injectors and spark plugs. Now it purrs like a kitten and gets much better fuel mileage.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-22-2021, 04:48 AM
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Unless there is a diagnosed issue with the fuel injectors, there is no reason to replace them. My 1998 has has 284,000 miles and 5 of the original injectors, one was cracked.

post #7 of 7 Old 04-22-2021, 07:12 AM
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

Nevermind.......

If you own a Renix Jeep, you must check this out:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Jeep technical photos:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in