TnT LA install question - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 08-17-2016, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

TnT LA install question

Alright so I'm installing the TNT arms. I've removed the axle completely from the vehicle and now it's sitting on jackstands underneath the vehicle (semi lined up). I'm wondering if anybody knows the approximate length the arms should be to bolt onto a 4.5 inch lift so I'm at least in the ballpark. I haven't been able to find any info on this thus far.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's Not Just a Jeep, It's a Lifestyle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-19-2016, 09:09 AM
bluejunior

2001 XJ Cherokee 

You ever decide how to handle this?

If I was doing it and my axle positioning and pinion angle were acceptable on the short arms, I'd install the new crossmember with the LA mounts, set the axle and frame on jackstands with the short arms still hooked up(so that the axle was supported but not bearing the main weight of the vehicle). Then I'd measure from the new LA mounting points to the axle side LCA mounts, set the new long arms to that length, unhook the short LCA's and hook up the long arms. Then measure from the y mounting point to the UCA mount on the Axle, set the upper arm on the LA's to that length, and then unhook the short UCA's and attach the radius arms' upper arms. tweak as needed from there.

Either that, or use stands/straps to set the axle against the bumpstops and get the pinion angle sorted appropriately for fully stuffed, connect the arms and then let it back down to put the springs and such back in. That'd let you center the wheel when stuffed so you don't have fender issues when one side crams up. Then tweak as needed to dial in the angle at ride height.

Those are the options that make sense to me but I'm not sure if they're practical when you're in the middle of it and it would definitely be good to know what you did (or even what lengths you came up with on your setup).

Lifted, Locked, Stiffened

post #3 of 4 Old 08-19-2016, 07:40 PM
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Have you contacted TnT and asked them for some tech assistance?

~Mike~

WK

XJ
Sept '13/Jan '15/Jun '16 COTM

post #4 of 4 Old 08-22-2016, 11:55 AM
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I adjusted the lowers far enough to retain the 101.5" wheelbase and set the uppers a few degrees forward for slightly less caster angle. TNT recommends about 6.5 degrees IIRC.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in