Tired subject - Flares - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 07-24-2012, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
RollerHman
Make Jeep Great Again

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Tired subject - Flares

'sup everybody. I know fender flares can be a dead-horse beating subject around these parts but I'm looking for some specific flares and I'm striking out all over the place trying to find them.

I do not have a blank 'stock' canvas to start from so that limits options from the get-go. As you can see below, kinda... (unfortunately I have recently lost about 8 years of awesome photos) I have already modified my quarter panels. I am looking for the broad sheet metal plus flare accents that cover the bulk of the quarter panel area. The last time I had the means to frivolously spend on my heep there were some sweet options, but those have disappeared apparently. Who can help out with some ideas?

Attached Thumbnails
rsz_iphone_045.jpg  

Colorado Jeep Club Member #46

16 Renegade
99 XJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 07-24-2012, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
RollerHman
Make Jeep Great Again

1999 XJ Cherokee 

holy large photos batman. who knew an iphone saved such big pics. sorry I can't resize them, I think I nearly destroyed my laptop trying to get software to do the job.

and those are nearly the same damn photo (at the same damn time) balls.
post #3 of 15 Old 07-24-2012, 11:20 PM
alexrule123

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerHman View Post
holy large photos batman. who knew an iphone saved such big pics. sorry I can't resize them, I think I nearly destroyed my laptop trying to get software to do the job.

I can't help you with your flare issue but I see what you did there

Quote:
The great thing about UDP jokes is no one cares if you get them or not.
2001 Cherokee Limited:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 15 Old 07-27-2012, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
RollerHman
Make Jeep Great Again

1999 XJ Cherokee 

After more research, as far as I can tell, it looks like my best option to get flat flares will be the bushwackers. Striking out on integrated flares/qp armor I am leaning toward JCR or THOR rear quarter panel armor.

My question will be for anyone with the bushwacker flat flares: where are the attachment points for the rear wheels? They look like one piece that fits snugly under the door line and above the bump. I have already (albeit shoddily as you can see) cut and rolled the rear fenders.

http://www.bushwackeroutlet.com/Fend...erokee.Sport.1

http://www.jcroffroad.com/mm5/mercha...y_Code=XJArmor

http://shop.trailheadoffroad.ihostne...ctid=XJCG97-01

ignore the tree damage, sticky tape and bolt that used to hold on the front part of the door flare (and sorry again for gigantic photos )
Attached Thumbnails
rsz_rear_001.jpg   rsz_rear_002.jpg  

16 Renegade
99 XJ
post #5 of 15 Old 07-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Motorcharge

1999 WJ 

Make some yourself or get someone local to fab them up for you. Bushwackers overpriced as hell for being plastic.

|
|
|SOLD|
| June 2015 COTM |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
post #6 of 15 Old 07-28-2012, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
RollerHman
Make Jeep Great Again

1999 XJ Cherokee 

The photos posted should be evidence enough of my capabilities in craftsmanship. I am not about to make my own, they are guaranteed to turn out like crap. I hate having to resort to the wackers because they are overpriced as hell, as you state, but I'm willing to pay the price to get my heep looking respectable.

Thinking about these LED rear lights, what do people with them do for backup lights? Seeing as I only drive this vehicle with 2 or more inches of snow falling or on my way to camp/wheel it isn't something I can terribly concerned about it crossed my mind. Do the turn indicators double as backup lights?

16 Renegade
99 XJ
post #7 of 15 Old 07-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Motorcharge

1999 WJ 

Posted that from my phone so I didn't get a good look at the pics.

Regardless I'd still look into having them made by a shop. It would likely still be significantly cheaper.

|
|
|SOLD|
| June 2015 COTM |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
post #8 of 15 Old 07-29-2012, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
RollerHman
Make Jeep Great Again

1999 XJ Cherokee 

In my continuing search I have come across jeeptubes.com. It appears a couple years ago they only supplied the tube but now they offer the skins that I am looking for. However, in true fabricator fashion, their website offers incomplete and confusing information. Anyone have experience with this company?

http://shop.jeeptubes.com/product.sc...3&categoryId=8

http://shop.jeeptubes.com/product.sc...4&categoryId=8

If everything comes the way it should this is what I am looking for and should work out much better than trying to pair bushwackers with JCR rear quarter panel armor.

16 Renegade
99 XJ
post #9 of 15 Old 07-29-2012, 09:42 PM
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

I only see ONE pic in your original post, and it's a reasonable size.
Go to download.com and get "irfanview". It's a lightweight picture viewer/editor and it's FREE.
It should be able to run on ANY PC.

Quote:
In my continuing search I have come across jeeptubes.com. It appears a couple years ago they only supplied the tube but now they offer the skins that I am looking for. However, in true fabricator fashion, their website offers incomplete and confusing information. Anyone have experience with this company?

http://shop.jeeptubes.com/product.sc...3&categoryId=8

http://shop.jeeptubes.com/product.sc...4&categoryId=8

If everything comes the way it should this is what I am looking for and should work out much better than trying to pair bushwackers with JCR rear quarter panel armor.
I see FENDERS on that web site, but no *flares*. Am I missing something?
post #10 of 15 Old 07-30-2012, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
RollerHman
Make Jeep Great Again

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAe23 View Post
I only see ONE pic in your original post, and it's a reasonable size.
Go to download.com and get "irfanview". It's a lightweight picture viewer/editor and it's FREE.
It should be able to run on ANY PC.
Next line in that post you will see that I managed to upload basically the same pic so I removed one. And then this morning I fixed the large photos. Edits used to show on the bottom of posts but apparently those no longer do? Ninja edits for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAe23 View Post
I see FENDERS on that web site, but no *flares*. Am I missing something?
Right, like I mention the website lacks information and is confusing. In their product list they also have the "flares" which are basically bent tubes. I was hoping with the, what appears to be recent, addition of those fenders that they would be complete pieces, can't really tell.

16 Renegade
99 XJ
post #11 of 15 Old 07-30-2012, 07:34 PM
donthelegend
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Bolt On Tube Fenders

I didn't keep up with that thread so I'm not sure if they offer rears or just the fronts, but the fronts look pretty darn good.
post #12 of 15 Old 07-31-2012, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
RollerHman
Make Jeep Great Again

1999 XJ Cherokee 

great!! thank you for the link, gives me a couple more options to look at.

Apparently one of my problems has been googling 'tube flares' instead of 'tube fenders'...

16 Renegade
99 XJ
post #13 of 15 Old 08-01-2012, 08:54 AM
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I have bw flat flares
Attached Thumbnails
_facebook_-1690820812_.jpg  

- HM1(SW/AW)Ret USN Dec 23,1992 to Dec 31, 2012

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)

2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ

USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
post #14 of 15 Old 08-03-2012, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
RollerHman
Make Jeep Great Again

1999 XJ Cherokee 

ambu I have seen those pics in a bunch of other threads and have drooled over them every single time. I felt like messaging you for more pics to fap to but that felt gratuitous.

Here are my issues:
  • bw flat flares are only compatable with rear quarter panel armor, like thor and jcr, with customization. I suck at that and I like that big armor
  • I was a little aggresive with the front trimming (not sure I could even make bdubs work), I would like bolt on fender armor to cover up some of this
  • this list feature is tits (three for accuracy)

16 Renegade
99 XJ
post #15 of 15 Old 08-05-2012, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
RollerHman
Make Jeep Great Again

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I want to get Slickrock Gear flares because they incorporate the rear flat flare, quarter panel armor and a led taillight box, but it appears that they are no longer in business.

A second email has been sent to jeeptubes.com hoping to get some clarification because these do seem to be my best option, fingers crossed that that bubble of hope does not burst....

16 Renegade
99 XJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in