Please, Lock your jeeps up tight - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 111 Old 08-01-2008, 06:40 PM
jebmccall
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjpro View Post
Can you imagine catching an a$$hole ripping your car apart in the middle of the action?
hed be one ****ed son of a *****
hed have my hi lift up his ***

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 111 Old 08-01-2008, 09:17 PM
R_jeep
1999 XJ Cherokee 

i guy i know caught some one in the middle of the night trying to steal his car stereo. he snuck up on the guy right in the middle of it. the perp was laying on his back with the door open, with his head kinda under the dash. so my buddy grabbed one of those old bumper jacks off an old chevy, kinda like a hi-lift, and without saying anything swung the jack over his head and bust the guy square in the nuts. the guy was really messed up. buddy called the police, they called an ambulance. and he spent the weekend in jail. the officer said that he did not have to hurt him so badly. my buddy told the cop that he was violating his personal space and he deserved it. also told him hes lucky he didn't find something bigger. when he went to court for the assault, the guy whose nuts got busted was in a wheelchair! a few months later he sees the theif on the streets and he saw my buddy and started running in the opposite direction screaming for help. i say lesson learned. true story out of the rough side of chattanooga, tn.
post #18 of 111 Old 08-01-2008, 09:24 PM
florida_gat0r
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJRookie View Post
This plain sucks. I am sorry to hear this......but a good reminder......I am going out right now to lock mine up and put the Club on it.

I hope you get her put back together soon!
Yea, THAT'S a deterrent.

A good friend comes to bail you out of jail.
A great friend is sitting next to you saying, "THAT WAS AWESOME!"

post #19 of 111 Old 08-01-2008, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
tigeowner
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida_gat0r View Post
Yea, THAT'S a deterrent.
Defenantly not, The cut mine off...THEN STOLE IT!!!
post #20 of 111 Old 08-01-2008, 11:15 PM
XJKipp
1995 XJ Cherokee 

That sucks, good luck with the insurance!

1995 XJ Country
3.5" Full Traction w/ HD leafs
31x10.50 BFG M/T KM2...see specs

Georgia Institute of Technology
Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech
post #21 of 111 Old 08-05-2008, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
tigeowner
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Ok So Yesterday State Farm decides They are going to give me a renta car out of the blue, When my anut has allready let me borrow her car.(didn't mention that) State farm decides to let us drop off some paper work. Tow the Jeep to the dealer to have everything fixed i.e. the windows, glove box, new dash, Rain gutter, dash lights??? door locks steering coloum.

HOpe it dosen't take to long. I wonder how bad I'm going to get screwed as far as the stero and my belongings? ha
post #22 of 111 Old 08-05-2008, 11:31 AM
mk34
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thats a shame. You're jeep looks like mine, except mines a 4dr.
post #23 of 111 Old 08-05-2008, 12:29 PM
corsair48
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjpro View Post
Can you imagine catching an a$$hole ripping your car apart in the middle of the action?
I'd bet money it was someone you know or that knows you. Awefully big haul for someone walking down the street.

2001 XJ SPORT; RE 3.5 SF with Fullpacks; RE 1600 Track Bar; RE Gen2 Quick Discos; PORC Freebee Shocks; JKS Adjustable Front Bumpstops; DKG Adjustable Rear Bumpstops; PORC SYE; 2000 XJ Front DS lenghtened 1 1/2" ; CRAGER Soft 8's RockCrawlers 4' BS; MasterCraft Sport King A/T 32x11.50x15; cheap E-Bay Grill Guard; cheap E-Bay Nurf Bars; D30/ D35/ AW4/NP231.
post #24 of 111 Old 08-05-2008, 12:32 PM
kiwicowboy
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_jeep View Post
i guy i know caught some one in the middle of the night trying to steal his car stereo. he snuck up on the guy right in the middle of it. the perp was laying on his back with the door open, with his head kinda under the dash. so my buddy grabbed one of those old bumper jacks off an old chevy, kinda like a hi-lift, and without saying anything swung the jack over his head and bust the guy square in the nuts. the guy was really messed up. buddy called the police, they called an ambulance. and he spent the weekend in jail. the officer said that he did not have to hurt him so badly. my buddy told the cop that he was violating his personal space and he deserved it. also told him hes lucky he didn't find something bigger. when he went to court for the assault, the guy whose nuts got busted was in a wheelchair! a few months later he sees the theif on the streets and he saw my buddy and started running in the opposite direction screaming for help. i say lesson learned. true story out of the rough side of chattanooga, tn.

Some DA's and Judges will prosecute a victim more harshly then the criminal if it appears like a vigilante assult. If there are no witnesses, just say in your statement that the criminal was assulting you and that it's self defense.

Too bad your buddy didn't castrate the guy so he could not breed and contaminate the gene pool anymore then it is already!

post #25 of 111 Old 08-05-2008, 12:39 PM
4pointOH1998

2016 KL Cherokee 

If someone tried to steal my Jeep, he would never be seen again. We have a lot of land in rural Maine...

-Bryan- ΚΔΦ-MΘΣΝΔ
Fighting the rust since April '08...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 111 Old 08-05-2008, 12:48 PM
madrabbitt

On this topic, my apartment renter's policy covers "personal items" that may be stolen or damaged from my vehicle, provided that my vehicle is at my residence when it occurs. If the vehicle is stolen FROM my residence, then contents are covered as well. Kinda nice. I use USAA for renter's insurance, and probably switching to them for vehicle insurance as well. Currently using state farm, and since the WJ is financed, then full coverage... plus a separate rider policy specifically covering the electronics installed (The commo gear that I carry on a regular basis is easially $1200 worth)

Installing HID's in stock housings is bad.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
post #27 of 111 Old 08-05-2008, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
tigeowner
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk34 View Post
Thats a shame. You're jeep looks like mine, except mines a 4dr.
Mine is a 4 door, Look closer

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair48 View Post
I'd bet money it was someone you know or that knows you. Awefully big haul for someone walking down the street.
The police figured it was 2 people, one on each side, It looks like they both had prybars and were both trying to get it each side...Both of the door locks on the front doors were jammed with screw drivers and both of the back windows had been pried out breaking the rear glass(tinit holding togeather) and bending the metal track it slides up and down in. And as leaving(we figured) one brick was thrown through both front windows to either be a **** or git rid of prints on the front windows...
post #28 of 111 Old 08-05-2008, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
tigeowner
2000 XJ Cherokee 

They are going to replace all the glass, the whole front dash is on order and a rain gutter, The body shop the insurance adjuster fixed my rear fender flares that were ripped off, They had so much weight in it, it was botteming out enought to rip the plastic wheel weals out and the flares off.
post #29 of 111 Old 08-05-2008, 05:16 PM
4.0H.O.XJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Damn bro. Ouch. Good luck. I almost cried FOR you.
post #30 of 111 Old 08-05-2008, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
tigeowner
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Don't worry I did enough When I saw it at the tow yard.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in