Passenger Window Issues - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-31-2017, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
eknutson26

Passenger Window Issues

So i have been trying to fix the passenger side power window in my 2000 xj sport. Replaced the window regulator assembly, passenger door module, and driver door module, still with no luck. I have twelve volts when pressing the switch up and down , but the window still will not go back up. The window will however go down. Additionally, i am able to jump the window back up using wires hooked up directly to the battery. Lastly, with my brand new Passenger door module from mopar, the window goes DOWN when i press the switch upward. Any help would be awesome

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-31-2017, 04:34 PM
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Wire harness issues in the door hinge and tailgate hinge areas are very coming. If the window motor works with 12 volts directly applied, and the switch outputs both show 12 volts, one might suspect that there is a wiring issue between the two.

“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts,
not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution” Abraham Lincoln, 1859.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-31-2017, 06:55 PM
mark1305
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

+1. Are you only using the switch on that door? Or have you tried the switch on the driver door. My daughter's 2000 has the common issue where only the driver door switches work the other windows. On the list of things to fix while I have it here at the house and she drives my extra car.

If that's not it, it is somewhere upstream of the driver door switch. But, the old axiom about vehicle electrical gremlins states that it is likely a ground issue somewhere. Good luck.

post #4 of 4 Old 02-01-2017, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
eknutson26

Thanks for the responses. I'm gonna start looking for ground and/or wiring issues in the hinges and btwn window switch and motor. And to follow up, the drivers door module will not move the window up or down. The door locks will work though with the driver door module

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in