Need wiring help for overhead console - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 01-11-2009, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Johnny4Lo

2000 WJ 

Need wiring help for overhead console

Can someone who has a FSM send me a diagram for a overhead console?

I am trying to install a pre 97 console into my 97. got this from a junk yard for cheap but I can;t seem to get the compass to work. I figured out the map lights but that's it.

I found the empty plug for what I hope is for the console (the wire colors match) I found the wires for the temp sensor, I have most of the wires connected. I only have a purple/gray stripe from vehicle harness that is switched hot, but nothing on the console harness that matches .

now on the console harness side I have a orange/blk, blue/ orange, and a blue/red. I think these wires are for dimmers,tail lights and something else.

I am not using the keyless option.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-23-2009, 10:00 PM
jim41889
1996 XJ Cherokee 

yea that would be pretty awesome im trying to do the same thing and i cant find anything
post #3 of 5 Old 11-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Chris_Walker

1988 XJ Cherokee 

Why would you want to use a pre-97 console in a later model? All they display is compass and temperature. You can get a 97+ console out of a Jeep or a Chrysler minivan and plug it right into your XJ. They're a lot easier to come by and it uses the PCI bus in your Jeep to display - Compass, Temperature, Trip Odometer, Average MPG, Instant MPG, distance to empty...

If you PM me your email address, I can send you the wiring diagram for the earlier OHC and the later one.

post #4 of 5 Old 11-24-2009, 02:47 AM
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Chrysler Mini Van consoles don't display Trip Odometer, Average MPG, Instant MPG, Distance to Empty... when installed in an XJ CHerokee.

“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts,
not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution” Abraham Lincoln, 1859.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Chris_Walker

1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-Tim View Post
Chrysler Mini Van consoles don't display Trip Odometer, Average MPG, Instant MPG, Distance to Empty... when installed in an XJ CHerokee.
As in, the options aren't in the menu or it isn't compatible with the XJ PCM? I guess I was misinformed. It looks the same as ZJ one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in