IRO Double Shear Track Bracket - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-21-2016, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
imthehink

1999 XJ Cherokee 

IRO Double Shear Track Bracket

Anyone ever have this issue with their trackbar bracket holes not lining up?[IMG][/IMG]

1999 XJ
4.5" BDS and Stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-22-2016, 12:11 PM
bluejunior

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Can't say I had that problem. I'd probably just wallow that one out a bit with a drill and bolt it in, though.

Lifted, Locked, Stiffened

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-22-2016, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
imthehink

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, I'm waiting on IRO's phone call about the issue. If I drill it out a bit, I'd like some compensation of some sort. I spent good money with them and shouldn't have to modify it at all, unless it was specified. I can't find anyone that has had this issue before. Mistakes happen I know, hopefully they will make it right.

1999 XJ
4.5" BDS and Stuff.

post #4 of 8 Old 08-22-2016, 12:50 PM
bluejunior

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthehink View Post
Yeah, I'm waiting on IRO's phone call about the issue. If I drill it out a bit, I'd like some compensation of some sort. I spent good money with them and shouldn't have to modify it at all, unless it was specified. I can't find anyone that has had this issue before. Mistakes happen I know, hopefully they will make it right.
They're usually pretty good. I suspect they'll offer to exchange the bracket first. Very difficult to establish policy on "sorry you had to do a little work, here's $20". Never even heard of a company doing that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-22-2016, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
imthehink

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Iv'e gave partial refunds to customers based on the circumstance, small price to pay to retain and to gain customers. They also told me it would void the warranty if I moved the hole a bit and that's the reason I didn't do that to begin with. I doubt I'll ever need to utilize the warranty, but its nice to have. Not sure why it wont line up as they have the same measurements on some of the brackets on their shelf. Going to take some measurements on the stock bracket and get back with them as they may end up making me one to order if we cant find the reason it wont line up. They are very nice to deal with, don't want to come off like I'm bashing them. I just hope I have a solution and it's up and going by the weekend.

1999 XJ
4.5" BDS and Stuff.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-22-2016, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
imthehink

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Finally got it on, I took the stud/bracket out in the fender well and pushed the trackbar bracket to the passenger side as hard as I could and it barely cleared the hole enough to get the bolt through. What a pain, something as simple as that was the hardest. What a difference the double shear makes though, should have done this upgrade long ago.

1999 XJ
4.5" BDS and Stuff.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-22-2016, 05:54 PM
bluejunior

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthehink View Post
Finally got it on, I took the stud/bracket out in the fender well and pushed the trackbar bracket to the passenger side as hard as I could and it barely cleared the hole enough to get the bolt through. What a pain, something as simple as that was the hardest. What a difference the double shear makes though, should have done this upgrade long ago.
I use the same one. Huge improvement over the relocated stock bar setup I was using before.

post #8 of 8 Old 08-22-2016, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
imthehink

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejunior View Post
I use the same one. Huge improvement over the relocated stock bar setup I was using before.
Yes it is, well worth the money.

1999 XJ
4.5" BDS and Stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in