interior restoration question. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 07-23-2010, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
bluejunior

2001 XJ Cherokee 

interior restoration question.

Okay, so I don't really know if this counts as a "technical" question, but the interior of my 01 XJ sport is torn to hell and kinda nasty and its my daily driver not a wheelin rig, so I'd really like to replace some of it. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to order pre-molded carpet and/or replacement interior panels, especially the ones that run along the bottom of the doors? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-23-2010, 04:14 PM
cornbrizzle
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Jeep XJ, Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Comanche and Jeep Wagoneer Parts: Carpet

Here's your carpet , Door panels might have to come from junk yard / salvage yard , google junk yard dog , and you can search . People will chime in with sites for used parts and search too for sale adds on here for people parting out xj's

also davie's jeeps ?

Brizzle

“Don’t Tread On Me”

www.highsprings.com
post #3 of 8 Old 07-23-2010, 04:32 PM
husker88jeep
1988 XJ Cherokee 

I just swapped out my seats and door panels and it took about 8 trips to 3 different jy's over a 6 month time frame to find the whole package ( two front seats, back bench seat, and the 4 matching door panels) good luck, but don't be discouraged. there are alot of Jeeps out there and its only a matter of time before you get what you need.

post #4 of 8 Old 07-24-2010, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
bluejunior

2001 XJ Cherokee 

thanks alot for the help guys!
post #5 of 8 Old 07-24-2010, 04:24 PM
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

If the interior trim pieces aren't cracked or broken you can pull them, clean them well and paint them with a plastic paint.

1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Shan6
1989 XJ Cherokee 

It's probably cheaper to rip out all of the carpet and rhinoline it. It doesn't look bad at all, just do a search, plenty of people have done it and posted pictures.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-30-2010, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
bluejunior

2001 XJ Cherokee 

New carpets already ordered and its a DD not a trail rig, so I really don't want to Rhinoliner it cuz I like the look and feel of carpet better, but yes it would be cheaper. I'll send pics once I get the new carpet in just to show if its factory looking or not.

As long as wer're talking about interiors I'm Looking at trying to install a second battery behind the passenger side rear corner panel. There's air exchange there due to the holes around the tail lights and I was wondering if anyone had tried to fit a thin battery back there before. Doesn't need to be a massive super high out-put battery, its just to help with the system and a small inverter when tailgating, or so I can leave my halogens on when working at night without worrying about killing my main battery. I know most people replace the factory airbox and stick one there, but that's more than I wanna spend right now. Thanks again for all the input.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-30-2010, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
bluejunior

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Oh and in response the the pull and paint method that works great, especially with krylon fusion, but I need new door panels because I cut big ugly holes in mine for tweeters when I didn't know wtf I was doing, and I need new runner panels because I've changed around the wiring so many times that screws are starting to pull through the panels. On the subject of paint though, I used satin black krylon fusion on all four bumper endcaps, the side trim stips, door handles and mirror casings and after a year of non-covered parking in texas heat and sun, they still look great thats definitely a cheap way to pretty up the plastic on your rig.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in