Help me choose a radiator!!! - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 01-27-2012, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
UdownwitK
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Help me choose a radiator!!!

OK, i got everything i need except the actual radiator. I'm not really interested in upgrading to a better one. my jeep is my daily driver. the stock radiator gave me 103,000 miles so if i can get one that will hold up like that, then that'll be fine. i do not know what the stock brand is but the dealer wanted $300 and $400 for the two models they sell. The Advance Auto Ready Rad has some unfavorable reviews, do any of you have experience with it??? i can use a coupon and get it for $75. this eBay store has sold 159 of these for $55 and they have a great feedback. anyone heard of or used it? and lastly, RockAuto sells Vista Pro (same part # as the Advanced Auto Ready Rad) and Spectra Premium. TheCoolingPros on eBay sells an ALL aluminum "American Eagle" radiator for roughly $175 shipped, they have a 100% eBay feedback. so i have no clue which one is better than others. what do y'all think? any other formidable brands out there that are as good or better than stock?? i, honestly, could spend roughly $150 on one if it was worth it. THANKS in advance!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-27-2012, 05:52 PM
multmigs
2003 WJ 

radiatorbarn.com?
post #3 of 10 Old 01-27-2012, 06:40 PM
BlueOctane
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I've had buddies that have used aftermarket "upgraded" rads. Never had any issues with them and they hold up great. But honestly, I've always used the parts store's brands and never had any issues either. If you can get 100,000 miles out of it for $75, I say why not. Just saying I've never had an issue with the store brand, they've stood up to all I've ever put them through, in all my vehicles.

post #4 of 10 Old 01-27-2012, 07:58 PM
AZ Jeff
Web Wheeler
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOctane View Post
I've had buddies that have used aftermarket "upgraded" rads. Never had any issues with them and they hold up great. But honestly, I've always used the parts store's brands and never had any issues either. If you can get 100,000 miles out of it for $75, I say why not. Just saying I've never had an issue with the store brand, they've stood up to all I've ever put them through, in all my vehicles.
Depending on the store, and the brand carried, it may or may not be a good deal. The one I put in my F150 came from Autozone, and I had to completely fabricate new brackets for the fan shroud, plus they had no features to attach a key cross-over hose used by part of the cooling system. I had to fabricate a way to attach that. But it was cheap, right?

AZ-Jeff
I don't own an XJ any longer, but I still think they are the best of all the Jeep products ever made. My XJ was my favorite vehicle in my 50+ years of driving.
So...I stick around and give advice.
post #5 of 10 Old 01-27-2012, 08:05 PM
FISTFULL

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I bought mine from Radiatorbarn and have been extremely happy with it. Well over 40k since I replaced it. Temp stays at 200 with no issues.

99 Sport, 3.5" lift mixed parts.32" BFG ATs.JCR front and rear bumpers.Skids, lights,&usual stuff.
post #6 of 10 Old 01-29-2012, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
UdownwitK
2001 XJ Cherokee 

i went with the Vista Pro from advanced Auto Parts. Normally $110 but used a coupon and got it for $76 out the door... gonna install tomorrow...
post #7 of 10 Old 01-29-2012, 07:51 AM
Azzy

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Got 3 bad radiators from radaiator barn... stay away. It will cost you too much in time and coolant. Go with a napa radiator, they fit directly. Got an advanced auto one, and the mounts were in the wrong places. Seems they have a "universal" fit that requires modification.

Im the guy who makes new gauges, check out our gallery at Teamadw.com
post #8 of 10 Old 01-29-2012, 08:00 AM
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

CFS from Dirk at DPGoffroad. GREAT company to deal with. Stand up guy.
Ron
post #9 of 10 Old 01-29-2012, 08:36 AM
AZ Jeff
Web Wheeler
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbruzan View Post
CFS from Dirk at DPGoffroad. GREAT company to deal with. Stand up guy.
Ron
AGREED. The CSF I put in my XJ is the has the BEST workmanship I have seen in a radiator in my 35+ years of working on cars. On top of that, it was a PERFECT fit, with no need to "adapt" anything.

CSF is the radiator you want if you intend to keep your vehicle, or if you want the BEST in performance. (And here in AZ, that's mandatory).

Dirk at DPG has EXCELLENT customer service.

AZ-Jeff
I don't own an XJ any longer, but I still think they are the best of all the Jeep products ever made. My XJ was my favorite vehicle in my 50+ years of driving.
So...I stick around and give advice.
post #10 of 10 Old 01-29-2012, 09:37 AM
cubsin2079

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I got my CSF 3core for 155 shipped from autoparts warehouse on ebay. Ordered it Sunday and I had it Tuesday.

SUSPENSION: OME CS035RA HD leafs w/OME AAL. Ironman Fab 1.5 in boomerang shackle, RE 3.5 coils w 3/4 spacer, Ironman Fab adj UCA + LCA, JKS discos, JKS adj. trac bar, OME long travel shocks.
ARMOUR: AJ's Super Sliders, JCR belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, OR-FAB quarter panel armor, Ruff Stuff diff covers.
Rolling gear: Rubicon Moabs, 245/75/16 MTRs, IRO hack-n-tap SYE. Aussie locker in front, Powertrax no-slip in rear.
Uniden 520proxl, Hella 500s, rock lights.

Tags
radiator

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in