front end grinding???????? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 Old 02-12-2016, 08:57 AM
bluejunior

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver88 View Post
no lift. ...yet....i got all my stuff for a 3" lift b ut dont wanna put it on till this is figured out.....

right now truck is 100% stock
Hmmm....take a real close look at your track bar and it's bushings and bracket then. That's what's responsible for the left/right centering of the axle. Any creaks or pops while turning? That's a common symptom of a cracked bracket or bad bushing there. If everything looks good I suppose it's possible it was replaced with a shorter one from a crap brand or something. Kind of like Moog's is actually a little too long.

Also double check your eyeball with a measuring tape. Distance from the inside of the rim to the frame if nothing else, but there are some better options if you feel like searching.

Lifted, Locked, Stiffened

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 Old 02-12-2016, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
dailydriver88
2001 XJ Cherokee 

no noises. pretty quiet lil truck. nothing while turning, bumps, nothiong at all

just notices my steering stabalizer is blown, making noise on way to work and now its squirting out fluid. .....but thats a different issue.

J-RIP
post #18 of 19 Old 02-12-2016, 12:29 PM
bluejunior

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver88 View Post
no noises. pretty quiet lil truck. nothing while turning, bumps, nothiong at all

just notices my steering stabalizer is blown, making noise on way to work and now its squirting out fluid. .....but thats a different issue.
Not critical. A well adjusted steering setup doesn't actually NEED a stabilizer. It's just there to cover up wear and provide a little wobble control when maintenance is let go.

Lifted, Locked, Stiffened

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #19 of 19 Old 02-12-2016, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
dailydriver88
2001 XJ Cherokee 

ive only had the truck for a few weeks and im finding maintnece in some areas has been looked past by other owner.

just leaves me more time to play with the truck haah

J-RIP

Tags
differential , grinding noise , transfer case

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in