Dana 30 HP/8.25 XJ 4.10 re-gear - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 11-29-2019, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
TRQ427

Dana 30 HP/8.25 XJ 4.10 re-gear

Started calling a few places today,pricing a quality 4.10 re-gear with Eaton TruTrac LSD units,front and rear. Prices were $1570 to $2160,,all for the same G2 gears and kits,and Eaton carriers. Any suggestions on a good place to buy at a fair price? Prefer a real shop with real people verses some call center in China or India. "Made in the USA" type shop where you can call if there is issues or shortages. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. Thanks

Also,,best bang for the buck 3 to 4 inch lift,and associated items needed to do things right and end up with a safe and secure front end,and a good ride. I hear all kinds of bad things about certain companies,wondering if there is validity to the claims,or possibly sour grapes for one reason or another. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-30-2019, 09:49 AM
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Randy's Ring and Pinion has been around forever.

What are your performance goals for the lifted Cherokee, lots of hard trail usage, or more of a daily driver with a few dirt road trips ? Your choice of shocks has the greatest effect upon the pavement ride quality. Tuff Country and Rough Country are not the first choice of many Jeepers, but will function adequately for a while. Iron Rock Off Road, Rubicon Express, BDS, and ZONE are good stuff. No lift kit is complete, and some are more complete than others. You will need an adjustable track bar, longer brake lines and sway bar links, and most likely a Slip Yoke Eliminator (SYE) and driveshaft.

In the end, remember that cheap parts are cheap for a reason.

A recent Gallup public opinion poll shows the NRA, at 58% approval, has a higher approval rating than either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ...

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-30-2019, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
TRQ427

"In the end, remember that cheap parts are cheap for a reason."

Great comment,and trust me,,I get it!

The XJ will most likely sit around and do nothing,never to be driven in the winter,,no mud,,etc,another hanger queen to my collection. BUT, it will make at least one trip to Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan once a year,and plans to go to Colorado and possibly Moab once a year. Will be trailered ,in case it breaks. The plan is Tru Tracs front and rear,3 to 4 inch lift,and as big of a tire that will fit on the factory grizzly wheels. Have completed some preventative maintenance like a complete Brown Dog kit,fluid changes,etc. Ready to pull the axles and start on them,and a SYE, plus get the lift kit ordered as soon as I feel I'm on the right track as far as vendors. RE seems high,but seems to have a good reputation. I think the estimate was 2K plus with track bar,brake lines,LCA ans UCA,etc.Thanks for your input,,just trying to get it right.

Last edited by TRQ427; 11-30-2019 at 12:17 PM. Reason: mistake

post #4 of 6 Old 11-30-2019, 11:55 AM
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Don't forget skid plates and safe and secure self recovery tow hook points.

My most recommend traction device set-up is a TrueTrac in the front axle and locker in the rear axle. 3-4 inches of lift is perfect for 31's and possibly 32"s with a bit of fender trimming. I would recommend slightly wider aftermarket rims with a bit more offset than the 5.25 that the stock rims have.

My 2000 has lockers front and rear, and 31's. I have been to the Central Colorado 4x4 trails and several trips to Moab. Your planned lift and locker set-up will work very well there.

Attached Images

A recent Gallup public opinion poll shows the NRA, at 58% approval, has a higher approval rating than either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ...

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-30-2019, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
TRQ427

97 XJ

Rust free,bought it down near Arkansas. Came from the Veteran's hospital in south Mo.
Attached Images

post #6 of 6 Old 11-30-2019, 12:19 PM
Kolak
Vendor

G2 makes quality gears and overhaul kits for sure. The overhaul kits have all US-made Timken bearings as well.

I know you mentioned 4.10 gears but what size tires will you be running?

I'd be happy to assist with gears and lockers and can discuss your lift goals with you as well. Please PM me here on the forum or email me at [email protected] and we'll chat.

Kolak Performance and Offroad
Member: Specialty Equipment Market Association
Telephone: 480 998-3661

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in