Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

A/C Blowing Hot on Passenger Side!

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Alex_ 
#1 ·
I have had this problem before on a 2007 Cherokee. Replaced the Blow Motor Resistor and it fixed it. Well I did this and nothing. Also anyone know what refrigerant 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 takes. It is due for a recharge for sure. It has been reach 117F out here in PHX and only thing blowing somewhat cold is my driver side A/C. The heat is really messing with this Jeep!!!

#3 ·
Ok this is not a Freon issue as I checked and I am almost full. Yes R134a. The system is duel A/C. It seems to be a problem with a divider or the blower motor resistor. I replaced the HVAC Heater Blend Door Actuator and Blower Motor Resistor. I did this when I first purchased the vehicle. Since it just blasts the driver side with cold air I wasn't too worried about it but now it seems to be getting worse as the passenger side is quite hot. We are hitting 115 daily so this is quite urgent anywhere I go I get out of the car pretty sweaty.

This is what my control panel looks like.

#5 ·
I am not sure. This all seems to be mechanical gear issues/resistors etc. I took off the blower motor resistor and found to my horror these have completely melted off.

Here is what I found I have no idea what the blower motor connects too! I don't think I'll be running the A/C at all given this problem.

Here is what it should look like.

Then completely unrelated this wire was just hanging about haha

What does the blower motor connect to where those spindles were completely burnt/broke off??!?

#11 ·
Suggest you search around on the WK forum for "blender door." Comes up all the time. I haven't had to work on my cooling so far, so sorry, but I can't help other than to suggest searching. You might even just look through the titles on the first page or two of this forum. It comes up about weekly. You could also use google to search just this forum if you have no luck with the built in search. Copy and past this into google:

"blender door" site:jeepforum.com/forum/f67/

That should focus your search on just the WK forum.

#13 ·
I had the same thing happened on a 2009 but it was the opposite passenger side cool and driver side is hot; it turned out to be the evaporator you could probably get that checked; Dont know if the a way to diagnose it without taking the whole dashboard apart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.