3Likes
  • 2 Post By 75SV1
  • 1 Post By Kojack98

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 09-17-2019, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Kojack98
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Best Exhaust Header for a 00 XJ?

Looking for the best replacement option for my 00 Xj 4x4. The one problem that I am encountering is that my current header splits into two separate pipes, while most replacement options only go into a single pipe which all show to the year 99.

I found 3 on summit racing that could work but only the Banks model seems good. Link: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/g...model/cherokee

A little pricy for me but I am willing to buy it for the long haul. I am wanting to see if yall have found any for your 00-01 that are great quality and not near 500. I am planning to get a whole new exhaust system so if yall recommend that I switch to the single pipe model then I am all for it. Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-18-2019, 02:10 AM
Kolak
Vendor

Does your 2000 XJ have precats?

Kolak Performance and Offroad
Member: Specialty Equipment Market Association
Telephone: 480 998-3661

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-18-2019, 07:16 AM
TheBoogieman
Disturbed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Banks are well known for cracking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
2003' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift with Rancho RS5000X shocks/ Zone hydro shocks/5.13 gears/35" Mickey Thompson MTZ P3 tires/Black Magic brakes. Jeep #17 & 19.

post #4 of 6 Old 09-18-2019, 11:03 AM
75SV1

I have an '00. I don't know exactly what I will do for headers. I do have Doug Thorley's on my '98. Bought from Kolak. I picked up a second one, from someone on this board, also bought from Kolak. Mine survived death wobble and broken motor mounts. I like the ceramic coating. Yes, $$$. They do make a shorty version. I would think about a shorty version.
Issue I have with shorty versions, is the primary tubes are Diameter 1.5", except one. Which is 1-5/8. The one from Holley. I want to swap on an earlier head. So, I would need 1-5/8 headers. In the end, I'll probably put on one of the Longer Doug Thorley headers I have.
The '00 seems to have a dia. 2.5 down pipe. It would just need to be adapted to meet the long style header. I had to do that anyways on the '98. I don't think the shop that did it used dia. 2.5 tube. My '00 has been messed with on the exhaust. So, I don't know from cat back what size tubing it used.
I did search around. Seems a lot of after market headers crack too. I have not had a problem with the Thorley's for about 2 years. I did have a set of Pace Setters with their Armour coat that lasted. But I hear their quality might have gone down hill. This was in the early 2000's, when I bought mine.

I have had good luck with ordering stuff from Kolak. See what he has to say.

The people who sell JBA headers claim theirs are the best. Don't know myself. There is a set on Ebay that needs welded. Seems it cracked as the guys engine mounts broke.
Kolak and Kojack98 like this.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-19-2019, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Kojack98
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak View Post
Does your 2000 XJ have precats?
IT does not have pre-cats.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-19-2019, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Kojack98
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75SV1 View Post
I have an '00. I don't know exactly what I will do for headers. I do have Doug Thorley's on my '98. Bought from Kolak. I picked up a second one, from someone on this board, also bought from Kolak. Mine survived death wobble and broken motor mounts. I like the ceramic coating. Yes, $$$. They do make a shorty version. I would think about a shorty version.
Issue I have with shorty versions, is the primary tubes are Diameter 1.5", except one. Which is 1-5/8. The one from Holley. I want to swap on an earlier head. So, I would need 1-5/8 headers. In the end, I'll probably put on one of the Longer Doug Thorley headers I have.
The '00 seems to have a dia. 2.5 down pipe. It would just need to be adapted to meet the long style header. I had to do that anyways on the '98. I don't think the shop that did it used dia. 2.5 tube. My '00 has been messed with on the exhaust. So, I don't know from cat back what size tubing it used.
I did search around. Seems a lot of after market headers crack too. I have not had a problem with the Thorley's for about 2 years. I did have a set of Pace Setters with their Armour coat that lasted. But I hear their quality might have gone down hill. This was in the early 2000's, when I bought mine.

I have had good luck with ordering stuff from Kolak. See what he has to say.

The people who sell JBA headers claim theirs are the best. Don't know myself. There is a set on Ebay that needs welded. Seems it cracked as the guys engine mounts broke.

Thank you for the very detailed response. I looked into Kolak and I think I will reach out to him, thank you so much again!
Kolak likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in