BDS 4.5" LA vs Clayton 4.5" LA - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 05-25-2021, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
jameshatchxj

BDS 4.5" LA vs Clayton 4.5" LA

I am looking to build a daily driver/weekend XJ. My ideal lift is 4.5 inches with 33-inch tires and I value reliability above all else. I am currently torn between the BDS 4.5 inch long arm kit and the Clayton Offroad 4.5 inch long arm. For the BDS, I plan on going with FOX 2.0 shocks and for the Clayton offroad, I plan on putting bilsteins in. As I see it, the Clayton has the advantage of a three-piece crossmember for easy transmission access as well as better bushings that can be bought at more autoparts stores. However, it also seems to use a radius arm set up (correct me if I am wrong), and this seems to be detrimental to strength and offroad performance. The BDS kit seems to have the advantage of a true 4 link setup and therefore better strength characteristics. Finally, BDS being a bigger company seems to be at less of a risk of going under and a better chance at being around when I eventually need to warranty parts out when compared to the smaller company that is Clayton's Offroad. Which kit would you guys recommended given all this information?

Thank you

Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot (31).jpg   Screenshot (30).jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in