Anyone have experience with the new OME sport shocks? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-18-2011, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone have experience with the new OME sport shocks?

I wanna run their 2.25in MD suspension lift on my soon to be XJ. Anyone have experiences with these new shocks versus the other nitrocharger shocks?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-18-2011, 04:13 PM
raypla
1999 XJ Cherokee 

99 XJ 4.0 D30 29sp 8.25, IRO TB & HD Tie Rod, Kellys WIP main 5 wires 1AWG
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Banks header, Stainless Magnaflow catback, cat, 2" OME lift, JC1B Leafs, OME sports, JKS discos, 30X9.5X15 BFG AT's, Fastman 62mmTB, Cibie E-codes with 55/60 Osram bulbs, Putco harness=JUNK!!, Alpine 7563 Deck, PWX 10" Cubby, JBL GTI 180.2 400wX1 rms, 6.5 Infinity Perfects , front PWX 6.5, Infinity ref amp 111wX4 rms, Optima Yellow, 100 sqft of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-19-2011, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well ok but anybody have some words to say about them. Never rode in a jeep with OME suspension.

post #4 of 7 Old 10-19-2011, 08:51 AM
tnaratil
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I runs OME HD springs with Bilstein 5100s. I got about 3 inches of lift out of them. Rides somewhat ruff with just me. With a few hundred pounds in it rides like a dream. I'm saving up for armor. The body roll in turns is non existent also.

1995 4 dr Cherokee, 4.0L & K&N. Midland 1001z CB with with Firestik.
OME HD Springs front and rear, Bilstein 5100s, Rancho Stabilizer,JKS trackbar lots of antiseized up new bolts
http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z478/tnaratil/
post #5 of 7 Old 10-19-2011, 12:48 PM
XJH-007

EMU =

The shocks are the most important part...that's why tnaratil rides rough. Certain Blister shocks are not meant to ride smooth...

Scott-Crawlorado Native
I have an addiction.....
*00' XJ_T-n-T Y-Link/6" RE_OME's_33" KM2's
Tera 4:1 / 4:56's_Elec. Locked D44
**84' CJ7 4"BDS 33's
***02 WJ Overland
post #6 of 7 Old 10-20-2011, 11:23 AM
wwjeeper
2001 XJ Cherokee 

never had the nitrochargers, but i have the sports and they ride like a dream. they also really reduce body roll in the corners
post #7 of 7 Old 10-20-2011, 09:07 PM
raypla
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypla View Post

Found here- http://www.acmejeepparts.com/products/16091_1051.htm

Product Details

NEW CYLINDER END COMPRESSION STACK
Two extra discs added to the cylinder end compression stack.
Disc options include different thicknesses from 0.15 to 0.38mm and different diameters including 8.5, 11.0, 13.0 and 16.75mm.
By using different diameter discs the mid range can be further divided and fine tuned as a multistage compression stack. Advantages
Extra discs allow for a more compliant stack that translates to a less harsh, more rounded feel.
Multistaging the mid range allows creation of a softer, more compliant primary stage and a heavier second stage to control the big hits.
NEW TEN DISC REBOUND STACK Rebound controlled by oil flow over a new deflective disc stack.
Up to ten discs can be used to control rebound.
Discs range from 0.11 to 0.51mm in thickness and 14 to 30mm in diameter.
Low speed control is determined by flow through the bleed disc aperture with 20 options from 0.15mm2 to 2.90mm2.
As with the cylinder end, different diameter discs can be used to create multistaging within the stack. Advantages
Ten discs allow almost infinite tuning options, resulting in a refined ride for all road conditions.
Multistaging the mid range allows forgiving initial control over small road imperfections, and heavier more commanding control when demanded.
NEW TEN DISC COMPRESSION STACK Above the piston is an all new 10 disc compression stack.
The compression stack is constructed from the same components available to the rebound stack discs from 4.5 to 20 thou in thickness and 14 to 30mm in diameter are combined with 20 bleed options from 0.15mm2 to 2.90mm2. Advantages
Ten discs on the compression side of the piston provide many tuning options and permit management of oil flow back above the piston to give a refined, comfortable and well controlled ride, particularly on change of direction.
NEW 35mm HIGH FLOW PISTON New less restricted high flow piston design.
Teflon band for reduced friction. Advantages
Less restricted design reduces heat generation and aeration that may lead to fade.
Open apertures present more uniform flow to the bleed discs and disc stacks for more consistent control.
NEW TRIPLE LIP OIL SEAL Latest evolution of dependable triple lip check valve oil seal. Advantages
Large durable seal incorporates new gas retention check valve design to virtually eliminate contaminant damage while providing outstanding gas and oil retention.
Larger section withstands greater internal pressures and higher temperatures.
NEW ROD GUIDE New larger rod guide houses the new seal, glacier bush and new slip ring. Advantage
Refined rod guide design provides greater support to the oil seal and increased reserve tube volume for oil fill and gas expansion.
NEW SLIP RING Teflon infused bronze slip ring eliminates uncontrolled bleed through the rod guide. Advantage
Tight tolerances between the rod and slip ring ensure consistent and uniform damping performance.
NEW DIRT SHIELD New High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) dirt shield Advantage
Impact Resistant will not shatter, split or crack when subjected to offroad debris thrown up by tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypla View Post
So I finally got them installed. Along with having to replace all 4 top bolts we snapped one axle stud at the thread. My buddy fished the top bolts throught the uni-body into the holes for the top and our "fix" for the stud was to weld the stock washer onto the remaining couple threads that were left. I know it's not the best and am interested what others have done but I wanted to get home to my wife and boys.

Don't be turned off by the reviews saying they're stiff, they're firm but not jarring. Its acctually nice. I have a box in the back, with some supplies say 50 lbs, it puts a little weight on the springs and improves the ride so maybe that is the difference from what others have found.

I replaced some Edelbrock IAS, made by Rincor, for stock height that I bought a year before I decided to lift. Those were a decent improvement over stock and these better those.

I only put ~60 mi on them, all street albeit many potholes outhere, and so far I couldn't have asked for better results. In a couple months, once the trails get wheelable around here, I'll post back with an offroad report.

99 XJ 4.0 D30 29sp 8.25, IRO TB & HD Tie Rod, Kellys WIP main 5 wires 1AWG
, Banks header, Stainless Magnaflow catback, cat, 2" OME lift, JC1B Leafs, OME sports, JKS discos, 30X9.5X15 BFG AT's, Fastman 62mmTB, Cibie E-codes with 55/60 Osram bulbs, Putco harness=JUNK!!, Alpine 7563 Deck, PWX 10" Cubby, JBL GTI 180.2 400wX1 rms, 6.5 Infinity Perfects , front PWX 6.5, Infinity ref amp 111wX4 rms, Optima Yellow, 100 sqft of

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in