advice for 89 xj 4.0 cooling system upgrade? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 12-23-2011, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
94sahara23
1994 YJ Wrangler 

advice for 89 xj 4.0 cooling system upgrade?

Finally...I got the 89 XJ that has been in the family since it rolled off the lot brand new. I have never been a fan of it's closed cooling system. Can anyone give me an overview of a comprehensive cooling system upgrade so that I can convert to an open system?

Other than a cap'd radiator, what else will have to be added, thrown away, ignored, and/or modified? (Can't wait to burn that pressurized bottle that loves to crack!)

Any advice before I attempt this will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
94sahara23

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-23-2011, 08:06 PM
MidTnSahara

2001 TJ Wrangler 

you will need an overflow resevior, some 5/8 heater hose, and a 92 or newer thermostat housing to wire in instead of the sensor thats in the radiator of yours. Its pretty easy. I used an overflow from a 93 blazer and it fit well.

When I bought my jeep it had never been offroad. I quickly fixed that. On the test drive. The lady who owned it freaked out. Pretty Funny

Tags
conversion. , cooling system , radiator , upgrade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in