98 XJ master door wiring problem - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 02-27-2014, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
bquinn1984
1998 XJ Cherokee 

98 XJ master door wiring problem

I recently had to get into my drivers side door jam to replace some broken wires that were shorting out when the door was open more than 10-15 degrees. As far as I can tell, I replaced all of the wires that were frayed or cracked, and this has corrected MOST of the electrical problems coming from that door. However, I am now unable to roll the passenger side window down from either the drivers door or the passenger door. I notice the small green light on the passenger window control goes dark when pressing the window down button from either door. I'm thinking there's another bad wire in my door jam but had no luck finding it either visually or with a continuity check. I tried using these wiring diagrams attached below to help identify wires, but I'm not very advanced with electrical work. Can someone please tell me what color the wire is coming out of the master drivers side door that is responsible for rolling the passenger window down based on these diagrams???

Attached Thumbnails
pw1.jpg   pw2.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-02-2014, 07:31 AM
Whistler31
1995 XJ Cherokee 

It appears to be brown/white and violet/white. Also check the passenger door harness for broken wires. Though the passenger side breaks less often i would definitely check there too. Same wire colors.

there are also 2 connectors in the harness. most likely in the footwells where the harness goes through the A pillar. If the passengers side harness seems ok then you will need to check for signals at the switch on the passenger side from the drivers switch.

I can help more with narrowing this down but lets see if its simple first

Last edited by Whistler31; 03-02-2014 at 07:45 AM. Reason: adding more info

Tags
1998 xj , power window , wiring diagram

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in