92 jeep cherokee no crank, no fuel pump issue - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-11-2021, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Travis86

92 jeep cherokee no crank, no fuel pump issue

Hi, I thought I would reach out to see if anyone else has experienced this issue or had an idea I didn't think of.

I backed down the drive way, turned it off and it wont start again. I have power coming into the jeep, I have spark I can get it to crank when I jump the starter. I don't have anything from the fuel pump.
I've checked grounds, relays, fuses, neutral safety.
The radio and windows all work just nothing when turning the ignition to crank.

Any thoughts or experiences? I've had 4 of these over the past 20 years and worked alot on them but this is baffling me.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-11-2021, 10:07 PM
HAZCAT

1984 CJ7 

If you are sure all the grounds in the engine bay are getting good connection (there are several) then pull the starter and go get it tested. Also unhook the battery and leave it unhooked for 20-30 minutes while you double check the grounds and the wires and harness from the starter and the alternator and battery. Then hook the battery back up. The computer is reset so if all the fuses under the hood and in the kick panel under the dash are all good see if it fires up and how it runs if so.

'84 CJ7, 44, 14 bolt, twin stick 300, 109"whl base, 4 linked
'93 XJ
'70 CJ6 Dauntless v6
'04 WJ
post #3 of 3 Old 06-11-2021, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
Travis86

Hi, thanks for that. I did just install a new battery since the one that was in there was pretty old. I used a multi meter to check ohms of resistance and all contact spots were under 3 which is well within limits. For how instant and dead it is I was thinking there was a fuse I was missing maybe something inline someplace. Ran perfectly fine then I cold started backed it up 10 ft then it wouldn't start. Was also thinking something to do with the auto shutdown. Swapped the relays and still nothing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in