2000 XJ VIN 6&8 digits unknown - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 08-21-2019, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Hamid

2000 XJ Cherokee 

2000 XJ VIN 6&8 digits unknown

Hi Folks:
Bought me 00 XJ last week with the VIN: 1J4FFB8V9YL194116.
you can see the 6 and 8 digits in red, searched many webs for decoding those 2 digits couldn't find them listed.

Wish someone can tell what does it mean. I appreciate all your comments.

2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic. Built for export
432K Kilos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-22-2019, 10:56 AM
Saudade
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Those are part of the vehicle description. If you're trying to get a build sheet, try here: http://jeepsies.com/jeep-build-sheet/
post #3 of 10 Old 08-22-2019, 11:08 AM
75SV1

https://www.morris4x4center.com/in4x...-1984-2001.htm

See if that helps. I just bought a 2000 XJ about a month ago. Not running yet. Be aware that there are differences from earlier models. That is not just the head, exhaust and ignition system. Some of them are improvements. The starter is different, as is the wiring going to it. Also, the CKP sensor (Crankshaft Position Sensor) has a different part number, than earlier years.

so, the B is transmission - 4spd Auto. AW4 as it is known, good trans.

The V should be a M, P, or S. So, 4 cyl, 4 cyl diesel or 4.0L 6 cylinder.

post #4 of 10 Old 08-22-2019, 01:08 PM
Ralph77
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75SV1 View Post
https://www.morris4x4center.com/in4x...-1984-2001.htm

See if that helps. I just bought a 2000 XJ about a month ago. Not running yet. Be aware that there are differences from earlier models. That is not just the head, exhaust and ignition system. Some of them are improvements. The starter is different, as is the wiring going to it. Also, the CKP sensor (Crankshaft Position Sensor) has a different part number, than earlier years.

so, the B is transmission - 4spd Auto. AW4 as it is known, good trans.

The V should be a M, P, or S. So, 4 cyl, 4 cyl diesel or 4.0L 6 cylinder.
I am not so sure about the V. I ran his VIN. Not that you can ever be sure it is correct but something did come up.
Pretty well optioned from the factory. His profile says Saudi Arabia and there is one thing on his build sheet that caught my eye.

300 Watt Cooling Fan

I have looked at a few build sheets for Jeeps here and there. On Ebay the boneyards sometimes list the VIN in their ad. Sometimes I run them.
I do not recall ever seeing the fan listed let alone listed like that.
My point being maybe the V is a foreign thing?
post #5 of 10 Old 08-22-2019, 02:29 PM
75SV1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph77 View Post
I am not so sure about the V. I ran his VIN. Not that you can ever be sure it is correct but something did come up.
Pretty well optioned from the factory. His profile says Saudi Arabia and there is one thing on his build sheet that caught my eye.

300 Watt Cooling Fan

I have looked at a few build sheets for Jeeps here and there. On Ebay the boneyards sometimes list the VIN in their ad. Sometimes I run them.
I do not recall ever seeing the fan listed let alone listed like that.
My point being maybe the V is a foreign thing?
Kind of wonder about that too. Special 4.0L or what? Also, in his previous thread, someone pointed out a Heaver duty Radiator for SA. I did look on RA and Flea Bay. That radiator is available here. About $300. Would be good if the OP, listed what his engine is. If 4.0L or otherwise. Profile says 4.0L. Did it come with a trans cooler, too?
post #6 of 10 Old 08-22-2019, 03:15 PM
Ralph77
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75SV1 View Post
Kind of wonder about that too. Special 4.0L or what? Also, in his previous thread, someone pointed out a Heaver duty Radiator for SA. I did look on RA and Flea Bay. That radiator is available here. About $300. Would be good if the OP, listed what his engine is. If 4.0L or otherwise. Profile says 4.0L. Did it come with a trans cooler, too?
His build sheet I pulled up using the exact VIN posted says a 4.0. It says a 200KPH speedo. That apparently is almost 125 MPH. The KHP on a 100 MPH speedo only goes to 160.
HD engine cooling, Up Country suspension, skid package, tranny cooler, tow hooks. Overhead etc. Plus the rear fogs that European ones have. And I am guessing the headrests in the rear seats like most over in Europe seem to have.
On top of that it even says:
Export Option Requirements
Middle East Specifications Label
Saudi Arabia Country Code
EMEA Region (Middle East)
post #7 of 10 Old 08-22-2019, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Hamid

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Very impress by your comments, thanks a lot.
Yes my 00 XJ was for export to Saudi market, not for USA. I found one specification lable written in Arabic so it sure an export.

It has the Aw4 Auto tranny and 4.0L.

It has the options Ralph77 mentioned, so that maybe the options for export or Middle East market.

I don't know what type Radiator was on but I found this P/N on the top: A7325528005 / 732552 Made in USA.

2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic. Built for export
432K Kilos.
post #8 of 10 Old 08-23-2019, 01:09 AM
Ralph77
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamid View Post
Very impress by your comments, thanks a lot.
Yes my 00 XJ was for export to Saudi market, not for USA. I found one specification lable written in Arabic so it sure an export.

It has the Aw4 Auto tranny and 4.0L.

It has the options Ralph77 mentioned, so that maybe the options for export or Middle East market.

I don't know what type Radiator was on but I found this P/N on the top: A7325528005 / 732552 Made in USA.
Since your build sheet says you have heavy duty cooling I am guessing you have the better of the 2 radiators that a Jeep could have come with.
This is a good thing. LOL.
post #9 of 10 Old 08-23-2019, 05:05 AM
75SV1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph77 View Post
Since your build sheet says you have heavy duty cooling I am guessing you have the better of the 2 radiators that a Jeep could have come with.
This is a good thing. LOL.
I believe he has a third option on the radiator. It is speced for Saudi Arabia. I'm also wondering if the tweaked the 4.0L for that region.
post #10 of 10 Old 08-23-2019, 05:53 AM
MaskedMallard
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Xj

A gentleman I worked with, had imported 2000 / 2001 XJ from the Middle East to Korea. When looking over his XJ, I'd noticed the passenger mirror had Arabic writing. I'm assuming it said something like "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear" I also noticed it had the 16 inch Icon two tone rims. It also did not have the factory tinted windows.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/...globe-4315999/

2001 BJC Orvis XJ Build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in