1997 XJ Speaker Upgrade. - JeepForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 12-09-2014, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Gtrsrlly
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Parkland
Posts: 26
1997 XJ Speaker Upgrade.

Hi I have a 1997 jeep XJ country with the infinity speaker package, currently I have 2 rocker ford 12s with a pioner head unit. I want to replace all the speakers including the tweeters, I was wondering if you could help me with the size of the speakers and how many there are, especially for the size of the tweeters as I have been unable to find them! Also I wopill be replacing the infinity amp so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks.

Gtrsrlly is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 12-09-2014, 09:37 AM
mschi772
Registered User
 
mschi772's Avatar
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Racine
Posts: 3,346
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtrsrlly
Hi I have a 1997 jeep XJ country with the infinity speaker package, currently I have 2 rocker ford 12s with a pioner head unit. I want to replace all the speakers including the tweeters, I was wondering if you could help me with the size of the speakers and how many there are, especially for the size of the tweeters as I have been unable to find them! Also I wopill be replacing the infinity amp so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
Didn't search first? 5.25" is stock speaker size but many (not all) 6.5" can fit. Stock tweeters are smaller than most aftermarket tweeters, and I don't know if there are any that can fit without the same amount of modification necessary in non-Infinity XJ's. Since You're basically talking about gutting and replacing the whole system, what speakers and amp you choose will depend on each other. I suggest you do lots of searching and reading over at Cruthfield.com so that you can learn the basics; their reference materials/articles are very helpful for beginners, their selection is decent, and their customer service is fantastic.

Sent from my phone

Build Thread -- https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/whats-chrokeese-build-thread-2525690/
mschi772 is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 12-09-2014, 07:20 PM
sAe23
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Los Angeles / SFV
Posts: 3,364
Look for some speakers behind the lower dash kick panel.
Not sure if the Infinity setup puts some there, but my Sport has them...
sAe23 is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 Old 12-09-2014, 07:31 PM
mschi772
Registered User
 
mschi772's Avatar
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Racine
Posts: 3,346
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sAe23 View Post
Look for some speakers behind the lower dash kick panel.
Not sure if the Infinity setup puts some there, but my Sport has them...
Speakers in an Infinity-equipped 97 should be:

tweeters next to the side mirrors
speakers in the bottoms of the front doors
speakers in a sound bar across the rear roof

Build Thread -- https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/whats-chrokeese-build-thread-2525690/
mschi772 is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 12-10-2014, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Gtrsrlly
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Parkland
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772 View Post
Speakers in an Infinity-equipped 97 should be:

tweeters next to the side mirrors
speakers in the bottoms of the front doors
speakers in a sound bar across the rear roof
I thought the rear doors Had 2 speakers as well for a total of 6, not 4?
Gtrsrlly is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 12-10-2014, 10:33 AM
mschi772
Registered User
 
mschi772's Avatar
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Racine
Posts: 3,346
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtrsrlly
I thought the rear doors Had 2 speakers as well for a total of 6, not 4?
Well, the XJ in question is yours, so go look. Rear doors was not a factory location to either my or Crutchfield's knowledge. If you have speakers there, it's probably a mod.

Sent from my phone

Build Thread -- https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/whats-chrokeese-build-thread-2525690/
mschi772 is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 12-10-2014, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Gtrsrlly
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Parkland
Posts: 26
True, do you happen to know what size the tweeters are?
Gtrsrlly is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 12-10-2014, 10:12 PM
AZ Jeff
Web Wheeler
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Tan Valley Arizona
Posts: 7,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtrsrlly View Post
True, do you happen to know what size the tweeters are?
Crutchfield will tell you.

AZ-Jeff
I don't own an XJ any longer, but I still think they are the best of all the Jeep products ever made. My XJ was my favorite vehicle in my 50+ years of driving.
So...I stick around and give advice.
AZ Jeff is offline  
Reply

Tags
sound , speakers , upgrade

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome