1990 XJ 4.0 L wiring help - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 08-10-2016, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
jeepinandy58

1990 XJ 4.0 L wiring help

Got an 4.0 from a 90 XJ and I could really use some help with the wiring. I have the wiring diagram but don't know what the connectors go to. The pictures show a connector that comes of the stator assy and alternator; from the diagrams, these go to the ECUbut the connector shown does not connect to anything on the harness that I have. I have a feeling there is a male/female connector that is missing but need to confirm it. Can I get someone with a 90 XJ, 4.0 l take a picture for me so I know whether to look for a connector or just go ahead and start hard wiring it?

Attached Thumbnails
20160810_213851.jpg   20160810_213923.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-12-2016, 07:51 AM
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

The wire from the stator runs toward the front, is clipped on the motor mount bracket and is part of the harness that has the oil pressure sender wire in it.

If you own a Renix Jeep, you must check this out:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Jeep technical photos:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-15-2016, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
jeepinandy58

1990-xj-4-0-l-wiring-help

Thanks Cruiser,
That's correct and they are connected to the stator, oil pressure sending unit and alternator. What I am trying to find out is how the grey connector in the picture connects to the harness and eventually to the ECU. It appears (at least to me) that the grey connector plugs into a male connector with the other side being a female connector. I went to a couple of junkyards this weekend and couldn't find what I need to see. Does your MJ have the grey connector like the picture, and if so, is there any chance I could get you to take a picture of it? (Where it is mounted, etc.) If I have to, I can cut connectors and hard wire it all, but I really don't want to go that route unless it is absolutely necessary.

post #4 of 4 Old 08-15-2016, 08:39 PM
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

I think the gray and black connectors are for the TCU etc.

Click below:

http://cruiser54.com/?p=58

If you own a Renix Jeep, you must check this out:

My Jeep technical photos:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in