1985 cherokee 2.8 problems - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 10-12-2016, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
USMCCherokee

Xj 1985 cherokee 2.8 problems

ive been trying to do a few things to my jeep, the main things rae to make my 4 low work properly
i have tried to adjust it many time and it seems as iff i have the ability to have it in 4H N and 4L OR 2H 4H and Neautral, i cant seem to make all the gears work, so at the moment all i have access to is 2H and 4H

i looked into it, and perhand is there a vacuum line that disengages the front axle in 2H and when i pull the lever in 4H it engages the vacuum actuator?
or does a unknown actuator engage the 4L?

i took the emmission sytem off and, somewhat, made all the vaccum linbes work, however there is a blue hard plastic vaccum time running from the transmission to the engine bay (its disconnected) but when i connect it to a vacuum, it bogs the egine down to a rough idle, and when i disconnect it, it idles smoothly, so with all this im kinda stumpped on it

Tags
4wd , 4wd hardware , linkage , transfer case

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in