1.5”-2” Lift and New Tires - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
JBarrett14

1.5”-2” Lift and New Tires

We are the proud new owners of a ‘99 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD that appears to be stock save for a new radio and headliner. We need new tires and would like to add a small 1.5”-2” lift kit and potentially new wheels. Do y’all have any advice on what order to do things? Will a 2” lift allow for bigger tires or should we stick with stock size? What are the best tires for a daily driver with occasional mud and raid ice/snow since we live in Texas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Yesterday, 09:41 AM
TheBoogieman
Disturbed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats on the new XJ. I'd stick to 235 75r15 with a lift that small. AT tires are good in all conditions. I bought some Goodyear Wrangler tires for $200 on ebay. They were great in the snow, rain, etc. I sold them for some larger MT tires when I lifted it.
Attached Thumbnails
XJ new tires1.jpg   GY tire.jpg  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
03' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift/Rancho 9000XL shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/LoD bumpers/Black Magic brakes
Desert Sand 99' XJ Classic (JEEP #18) ) 5" BDS lift / HP30/ 8.25/ 33x12.50" DC Extreme Country/Tactik black satin wheels.
post #3 of 7 Old Yesterday, 09:49 AM
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents

2000 XJ Cherokee 

A 2 inch lift will fit 29x9.5x15 tires of your choice on the stock rims. An All Terrain tread tire will meet your stated needs, there are lots of choices in that style of tread.

BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 are always a good choice. Cooper Discoverer AT3, and Kuhmo AT51's have also worked well for Minnesota winters on my Cherokees. Goodyear Wranglers have never impressed me.

A recent Gallup public opinion poll shows the NRA, at 58% approval, has a higher approval rating than either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ...

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.

post #4 of 7 Old Yesterday, 08:12 PM
tyvanwie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

One thing you may want to consider is the condition of your stock springs. I opted for crown HD coils and leafs and got ~1” lift up front and ~2.5” in the back on a stock XJ since mine were worn and rusty. Medium duty leafs would put you around 2”. If yours are in good shape you could just throw a budget boost on, get some all terrains, and call it a day. I like the look of the Daystar budget boost since the front is higher than the rear to level out the rake. I believe it’s 1.75” front, 1” rear.
post #5 of 7 Old Today, 08:18 AM
axlaxl
2000 XJ Cherokee 

1.5-2" you should be able to fit 30 x 9.5 tires on 15 x 7 rims without issues.
post #6 of 7 Old Today, 08:33 AM
TheBoogieman
Disturbed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by axlaxl View Post
1.5-2" you should be able to fit 30 x 9.5 tires on 15 x 7 rims without issues.
He will need to adjust the steering stops with a couple of washers or they will hit the lower control arms at full lock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
03' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift/Rancho 9000XL shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/LoD bumpers/Black Magic brakes
Desert Sand 99' XJ Classic (JEEP #18) ) 5" BDS lift / HP30/ 8.25/ 33x12.50" DC Extreme Country/Tactik black satin wheels.
post #7 of 7 Old Today, 08:59 AM
downs

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Upcountry Clone lift. I've done it on 2 XJs and love it.

1995 Jeep Cherokee Country 4X4 Stock
AW4/NP231/C8.25/D30/"UpCounty" suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in