ModelCherokee
KeywordsCherokee,Sport,1998
StateCA
CityOntario
Price8500
ShippingLocal Pick-up
PaymentCash Only
Brief History & Reason for Selling

I flew out to Pennsylvania six months ago to purchase this Cherokee, and then drove it all the way back to California. With only 57,500 miles, it runs perfectly, has nearly perfect paint, new looking interior... she's a beauty! So beautiful in fact, that I can't bear to go 4-wheeling with it, which partially defeats the purpose for which I had bought it. With the new lift installed, I don't particularly enjoy freeway driving either, and I do quite a bit of that. I have no room for a second car, and I have no garage for doing repairs or maintenance. All in all, I have slowly realized that this particular Jeep was not the best purchase for me, nor was it a good time for me to buy a Jeep in the first place. Someday when I have a garage and room for two cars, I'll set myself up with a more scuffed-up Jeep for recreation, and a sedan for freeway driving. I am hoping to find somebody who is able to utilize and appreciate this beautiful Jeep more than I can.

Details

Engine: inline 6, 4.0 liter
Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic
Mileage: 57,514 miles
Exterior Color: Chili Pepper Red Pearl
Interior Color: Saddle
VIN: 1J4FJ68S4WL271810
Plates: 7P0V383
Front differential: High Pinion Dana 30
Rear Differential: Dana 35

Description

I am the second owner of this Jeep, and it has been gently used since it was new.

The body is free of dents, and the paint is in near-perfect condition. The interior looks nearly brand new, with the seats appearing as if they have never been sat on.

The engine runs strong and healthy, and always reports expected oil pressure, voltage, and temp readings. The transmission shifts firm and tight, just like new. The Jeep ran 100% consistently and reliably all the way from Pennsylvania to California. There simply are no issues to speak of here, which is no surprise since there are only 57,500 miles on this Jeep. Please refer to CARFAX screenshots posted below.

As a result of driving on salty roads near the east coast, there is some surface rust on running gear, engine components, exhaust system, etc. The paint has some minor surface rust patches under the plastic door steps where water collected, and a little under the doors, but nowhere else. There is absolutely no cancerous body rust anywhere. Please see pictures posted below.

Upon purchasing this Jeep, everything was completely stock. Since then,
- the front axle has been updated to a high pinion Dana 30.
- A 2.5 inch lift has been installed,
- with longer coil springs,
- new leaf springs with add-a-leaf,
- and new shocks.
- The water pump and all water hoses have been replaced,
- Some general tune-up work was done too.
I can show paperwork for all of the work which was done.

Immediately after the lift kit was installed, the Jeep began exhibiting a mild vibration when accelerating at higher speeds. I believe that this is because the angle between the drive shaft and the rear differential was not adjusted to be completely straight when the lift kit was installed. I understand that this is easily corrected.

I originally had plans to upgrade the rear axle and re-align the rear drive shaft, increase the gear ratios, and install bigger tires. I am begrudgingly selling my Jeep for the reasons described above. The Jeep is currently parked at my father's house in Ontario California.

Thanks for looking, and please let me know if you have any questions, or if you would like to schedule a time to come inspect the vehicle.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Vehicle Body - Additional Views

There are a limited number of pictures which I can upload to each post, so I am breaking them up into multiple posts.

Attachments

#3 ·
Documenting Paint Imperfections

Being that this vehicle spent most of its life near the east coast, I understand that is it very important to thoroughly document any rust damage to the vehicle.

The only places where I was able to find any surface rust on the paint, was underneath the plastic door steps, and a little bit underneath the two rear passenger doors. This surface rust is NOT coming from underneath the sheet metal. This was caused by salty water collecting in between the bottom of the door and the frame as people entered and exited the vehicle during the winter. When that plastic grill is unscrewed and removed, it is clear upon looking inside that the surface rust is NOT coming from inside the frame.

The rocker panels are completely free of rust, and the crimped edge of the sheet metal underneath the vehicle is also completely free of rust. The previous owner was obviously meticulous about power-washing this Jeep.

Attachments

#6 ·
CARFAX screenshots, Matching Keys and FOBs

You can run the CARFAX if desired:
VIN: 1J4FJ68S4WL271810
Plate: 7P0V383
I've posted these screenshots for convenience.

Jeep comes with matching keys and key fobs.

I included a picture of me driving it home from Pennsylvania, just for fun :)

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.