Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > XJ Cherokee > As Yet Unnamed

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

As Yet Unnamed Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep XJ Cherokee Next Jeep

As Yet Unnamed

Email Bookmark Print
RXXL
Syracuse

Jeep Information

Year:2000

Model:Cherokee Sport

Looking at a very clean 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport as my next car buy. 100k, 4x4, four door. Sellers asking $4495. Worth it? I have pics but not sure how to post here. Don't see an option.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

RXXL
View RXXL's Jeep
11-18-2013, 11:04 PM
Managed to get one pic to upload.

RXXL
View RXXL's Jeep
11-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the insight and responses. This forum is awesome!......|

JMH21814
View JMH21814's Jeep
12-02-2013, 05:42 AM
Looks super clean. Any rust? Only 100k? Is that the 4.0? I don't know if 4495 is a fair price. I guess it all depends on where you live and how badly you want an XJ.

Be sure to ask if the head has been replaced. '00 and '01 heads have a nasty habit of developing a fracture between cylinders 3 and 4.

RXXL
View RXXL's Jeep
12-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Thanks. I ended up getting an 01 xj 60th anniversary edition for 4500. With 103k. I didnt ask about the head. How do I know if its a problem? How does it run if it's an issue? What's the fix? Expensive?

JMH21814
View JMH21814's Jeep
12-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RXXL View Post
Thanks. I ended up getting an 01 xj 60th anniversary edition for 4500. With 103k. I didnt ask about the head. How do I know if its a problem? How does it run if it's an issue? What's the fix? Expensive?
First, let me say congratulations on the jeep! That's great that you got one with low miles! If you take care of it, it'll take care of you. Don't be afraid to use the search option on this forum. There's a ton of ppl on here and a wide range of subjects. It may take a few different threads to finally get some feedback, but stick with it. There are decent ppl here.

Anyway, the 0331 heads have a casting flaw that may or may not ever rear its ugly head. If it does crack between cylinders 3 and 4, then you'll develop misfires in one or both cylinders, coolant loss, possible oil contamination from coolant, and maybe overheating. You'll want to catch it sooner than later. The only fix I know of is to replace the head. There's a ton of threads about this if you care to look.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.