this is how it loosk now

seeing how bad i need a body lift and or bumpstops

and my pride an joy..reason for username lol

See less See more
#3 ·
Probably the best tech thread ever.

#9 ·
How about a list of tech threads related to fenders? TJ Highline Installs

You begged for a flaming by posting "Look at Me" and "Ooh! My Charger!" here in tech. Try that $h!t on pirate and see what you get.

Now, let's just call this a "Fail" accompanied by a lesson learned, shall we.

Have a great turkey day. :2thumbsup:

#10 ·
Do, you have any idea if the shocks are completely compressed before the tire hits the fender? If so you're going to destroy the shocks.

Take a tape measure and see how much exposed shock shaft you have and then measure from the bottom of your spring up to where the bumpstop slides into the metal sleeve. You would want those numbers equal: So, if you have 4 inches of shock shaft exposed and 6 inches from the bottom of the spring to the metal sleeve then you will need two inches of bumpstop. I usually will try to adjust another 0.5inch though so 2.5". If your using hockey pucks they come in 1" increments so you're stuck with what you're using there.

However, if you have an issue with the tires hitting the fenders before the shocks is fully compressed you need to flex it out and measure everything. Again, measuring how much bumpstop you will need to keep the tire from getting into the fenders.

The hockey puck can be slid between the springs and mounted with a strong epoxy.

All the information is in the forum for ya though. A general search will help ya learn a lot.

#12 ·
Do, you have any idea if the shocks are completely compressed before the tire hits the fender? If so you're going to destroy the shocks.

Take a tape measure and see how much exposed shock shaft you have and then measure from the bottom of your spring up to where the bumpstop slides into the metal sleeve. You would want those numbers equal: So, if you have 4 inches of shock shaft exposed and 6 inches from the bottom of the spring to the metal sleeve then you will need two inches of bumpstop. I usually will try to adjust another 0.5inch though so 2.5". If your using hockey pucks they come in 1" increments so you're stuck with what you're using there.

However, if you have an issue with the tires hitting the fenders before the shocks is fully compressed you need to flex it out and measure everything. Again, measuring how much bumpstop you will need to keep the tire from getting into the fenders.

The hockey puck can be slid between the springs and mounted with a strong epoxy.

All the information is in the forum for ya though. A general search will help ya learn a lot.
i don't think they were bottemed out my 31s tucked harder..ill look into the puck thing but im thinking ill have my body lift on befour my next wheeling trip just wached a vidds on how easy it is just hope i don't get vibes i already have a tcase drop so im hoping ill be good with a 1.5inch body lift

#14 ·
Bumpstops,lose the chrome,swap the engine from car to Jeep and save the bra for your GF.:D

#19 ·
well i didnt put them on it was like that when i got it. put their not the uglyest thing ever so idont see the point on buying new wheels. i already said i didnt see a pic thread an to move the damn thread. its funny to see the persanality diffrance from this forum over a lxforum. must be beacuse damn near anyone can afford a jeep an not everyone can afford an srt8 so the ones that can are generaly older an more edjucated.an have respect for people. keep on *****in jeepers i dont mind

#20 ·
#28 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.