You drive an MK and know it's a real JEEP when... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > You drive an MK and know it's a real JEEP when...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 11-13-2009, 07:28 AM   #31
PurpleHayes
2008 MK Compass 

Newbie here; hi everyone. I was gassing up my '08 Compass a while back. An older guy says to me, "that don't look like a Jeep!" I said, "howd'ja know it was a Jeep?"

PurpleHayes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2009, 04:23 PM   #32
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

maybe he could read??? I had one lady tell me "that's the nicest Jeep I've ever seen".

to the group!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2009, 05:04 PM   #33
TheHeilis
2002 TJ Wrangler 

You Know It"s A Real Jeep When....

You survive BOTH days at a Jeep Jamboree event and six seperate times to Badlands in attica Indiana.

We had people with much more worthy vehicles at the Jamboree and they didn't want to go out the second day fearing damage.
TheHeilis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2009, 04:01 AM   #34
Tony1911
2007 MK Patriot 

...you're hiking in a forest and your dog, being an idiot, decides that walking on thin ice is fun, and thus proceeds to fall through the ice into dirty, smelly, muddy, disgusting water up to her ears - and the thought of worrying about the interior of your vehicle never even crosses your mind. ("Hey, it's a Jeep - I'll just brush the mud off the seat afterwards.")

...you're spending an entire day in an action shooting sports competition and the weather is lousy - wet, windy and cold. So you pop the hatch, sit down under it with your girlfriend to get out of the rain and wind for a while and heat MREs on the floorboard of your cargo space. A built-in rain cover in your Jeep and a warm meal in your stomach - what could be better? Next shooter on the line!

...you regularly toss in the back two weeks worth of groceries, plenty of shooting gear, or other such items (in addition to the recovery, emergency and other gear that sits permanently in the Jeep) and never have to worry about running out of cargo space.

...you get cranky if life keeps you indoors and your Jeep on asphalt for a while.

...you try to negotiate with the folks who run the shooting range when they close the access road due to its poor condition. "Yes, I know there's weather damage - but I have four wheel drive, I don't mind!" Driving on a used-to-be-a-road = fun. Carrying the rifle bag, range bag, ammo box, target bag, etc. two klicks in the mud... not so much.

...your MK never remains clean for long. Even though you think that you've not managed to get to anywhere fun for ages, there's always some mysterious mud spray that after further contemplation might have come from that one teeny tiny little shortcut you sort of forgot you took.

...you've long since stopped worrying about reports of poor conditions when thinking about heading out. The only thing that matters anymore is whether you feel like going or not, and whether you have enough free time for it. You KNOW your Jeep can handle it!

...that damn list of modifications you want to do to your vehicle just keeps getting longer...

...minor scraping sounds from the undercarriage when off-roading don't really matter anymore. "Hmm, reckon' that there rock was higher than I thought... Oh well."

...the speaker panel of your lift gate has a gouge and stubborn soot stains from where you last packed the fire box of your tent. The rest of the plastic interior is likewise marked by other wilderness gear. The rear doors plastic is scraped from where you loaded and unloaded your fridge. You do not care about the scuff marks, as the trip was very much worth them.
Unread 12-14-2009, 07:07 AM   #35
schoat333
2008 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
...the speaker panel of your lift gate has a gouge and stubborn soot stains from where you last packed the fire box of your tent. The rest of the plastic interior is likewise marked by other wilderness gear. The rear doors plastic is scraped from where you loaded and unloaded your fridge. You do not care about the scuff marks, as the trip was very much worth them.
You mean theres actually some plastic under all of them scratches?

Heres mine.

You turn on the rear defroster because your rear window is foggy. When it doesn't clear up, you realize it was not fog. Just the dryed up drool from mans best friend.
schoat333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2009, 07:21 AM   #36
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

Funny thing is I love off roading and I love getting muddy but I then immediately give her a bath and a fresh coat of wax and polish
Jawa78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #37
PatriotWhite21
2008 MK Patriot 

driving down the road and its rough as a cob, thats what helps me remember its a Jeep product
PatriotWhite21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2009, 10:06 PM   #38
fortuneer

2007 MK Compass 

When a Wrangler owner visiting the same dealership compliments your MK with "Nice rig"...and means it!

Black '07 Compass Sport 5-speed 4X4 ("Fortuneer"), K&N filter, cat-back exhaust; RR lift, sunroof, trailer tow group, Boston Acoustic audio, sport bars, rear taillight guards, more to come... Finally got it back from the wife so I can let my Neon R/T rest for a rebuild.
fortuneer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2010, 07:51 AM   #39
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

when you hit anything that protrudes more than 6" from the ground and rip lose your whole front bumper (just the plastic part) and grille. their ground clearence really stuck, my mom found out the hard way
ajamison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2010, 09:13 AM   #40
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Stock gc on the 4x4 is about 8 1/2". Why not do a lift kit and skid plates for her?

Unread 01-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #41
rpiereck
1998 TJ Wrangler 

When you take your Patriot on a trail run with your off road club and it does better than a TJ on AT tires

When your Patriot earns some trail pinstripes

When your Patriot earns a Trail Badge from your off road club

When your Patriot is used as an anchor point to winch a Suzuki Samurai that slid off the trail

JKS Adjustable control arms - JKS 1.25" Body Lift - JKS 1" Engine Mount Lift
Old Man Emu 4" coils - Rancho 5000 shocks - Teraflex front adj trackbar - RE rear track bar bracket
33/12.5x15 Wrangler Duratracs - Tabor 12k Winch - Hella 500F Foglights
Hella Supertone Horns - Uniden CB radio

rpiereck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2010, 04:25 AM   #42
Urr

when in Technical Inspection Agency they say, that "yes, we can test 4x4 and AWD vehicles. ...as long as they are not Jeeps (newer than 2000). Jeep's 4x4-systems are too smart for our test-equipment. It doesn't matter, that it's a MK. You have to go to another Agency for inspection, sorry."
In bright and happy future: Jeep Wrangler
Urr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2010, 12:55 PM   #43
bassinhalman
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i have a patriot and a modified yj. its strange, when im in the yj with the top off and having a blast, im thinking that patriot aint a real jeep. yet when im in the patriot passing numerous stuck vehicles in DEEP snow to get home from work, im thinking man, im sure glad i have a jeep..........
Unread 11-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #44
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

When at the voting place a woman just walks up to you and says "THAT's a nice looking TRUCK"

Unread 11-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #45
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by urr View Post
when in technical inspection agency they say, that "yes, we can test 4x4 and awd vehicles. ...as long as they are not jeeps (newer than 2000). Jeep's 4x4-systems are too smart for our test-equipment. It doesn't matter, that it's a mk. You have to go to another agency for inspection, sorry."
lol!

Tags
compass , mk , opinions , patriot

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.