You drive an MK and know it's a real JEEP when... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > You drive an MK and know it's a real JEEP when...

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-24-2009, 03:10 AM   #16
Tony1911
2007 MK Patriot 

Hey now, I didn't say they had to love it - I gave three distinct choices.

Unread 07-03-2009, 09:56 AM   #17
jh1328
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawa78 View Post
When you punch a Wrangler owner in the gut for calling your jeep a disgrace.
i think youd catch more flak from a WJ or and XJ owner.
wrangler owners...we sorta keep to ourselves. hence, the wave
and i wouldnt resort to punching one of us in the gut...
we have 4 cell maglites within easy reach.
why cant we all just get along?
ok...trolling over.
Unread 07-03-2009, 11:06 AM   #18
samuraisavr
2003 TJ Wrangler 

as a owner of a lesser liked jeep (XJ) I will say, a MK owner who uses his/her jeep for its intended purpose will get more respect from me than a TJ/JK owner who crawls the mall parking lot. its a JEEP thing... Not a TJ thing, not a WJ thing, not a JK thing, but a JEEP thing....
Pocket
samuraisavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #19
jh1328
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraisavr View Post
as a owner of a lesser liked jeep (XJ) I will say, a MK owner who uses his/her jeep for its intended purpose will get more respect from me than a TJ/JK owner who crawls the mall parking lot. its a JEEP thing... Not a TJ thing, not a WJ thing, not a JK thing, but a JEEP thing....
i pretty much agree with that. I'd give more props to someone sticking it out on a trail with a patriot than some **** with 35s on a tj thats never seen the mud. btw, samurai...the XJ is a jeep i have mad respect for.
Unread 07-03-2009, 01:13 PM   #20
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Thanks you guys, it's always nice to hear that kind of talk from other Jeep owners! There are always a few *******s out there that create problems for the rest of us. Know your limits, know your vehicles limits and have a good time!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 05:35 PM   #21
howdy246
2008 MK Compass 

When at the fire hall where I work the kids that are having a tour are more interested in the Jeep Compass than the fire trucks!
howdy246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 10:23 AM   #22
nick8387
2008 MK Compass 

i feel the love on this forum guys. people always make fun of my compass (civics, integras, people like that) is it bad that i laugh at them during bad weather and they can't get out of the driveways, or when they are getting pulled over by state troopers
nick8387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #23
Jordon83
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Amen. And, I am a JK owner, I have always wanted an XJ, but they are nearly impossible to find with 4wd, 5 speed, and not 200,000 miles.
Jordon83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2009, 04:23 AM   #24
Tony1911
2007 MK Patriot 

This post started as a reply to samuraisavr but quickly evolved into a jumbled mess of thoughts about "mall crawling" jokes, reality vs. games and other such things. Thus, while I quote samuraisavr, this is meant to be taken more generally and not as a direct reply to him.

Quote:
as a owner of a lesser liked jeep (XJ) I will say, a MK owner who uses his/her jeep for its intended purpose will get more respect from me than a TJ/JK owner who crawls the mall parking lot.
Hmm. I don't know about that "intended purpose" thing. My Patriot is intended to get me, those with me and our gear to where we are going. As a consequence, it regrettably spends more time at the mall parking lot than on a trail. This is called "real life", and for those that do not have their mommy do their grocery shopping for them, such mundane things are indeed necessities, as unpleasant as they can be. Going off-roading is both a training event so that I can use my vehicles capabilities in those unexpected situations I tend to end up in, and a way to have some fun, but it is not what I bought the Patriot for.

As for why I'm using a Jeep as a daily driver instead of a two wheel drive car, well...

Last Friday, getting me where I was going involved first packing up a 20kg (40 pound) color laser printer, a 19" display and various other bits of gear and then driving at the destination through a construction site. Okay, I suppose I could have parked at the front of the building and carried that printer from there, but the shortest route was through the torn up construction site to the back of the building - and why should I lug a big printer box around for hundreds of meters when I have a Jeep I can drive to next to where I am going?

Last April we were going to the firing range and the last two kilometers of the dirt road had become something more closely resembling a muddy potato field. Lots of mud, deep ruts... Definitely more like a trail than a public road.

Last winter going to the mall involved driving on a small countryside road in heavy snow fall with visibility being, when the snow storm was worst (...which would naturally have been right around the time we were the furthest out from, well, anything...) 0 to 5 meters. (Okay, said small countryside road might have been a slight detour. But the asphalt roads in the city can become quite interesting when a big snow storm strikes, too.)

Yeah, my Jeep is a daily driver. Yes, I sometimes need to go to the mall, therefore my Jeep is driven to the mall. No, my Jeep isn't the tallest Jeep around, nor does it have the most massive tires, nor the best RTI ramp score in the world. These are not the point with this vehicle. The point is to get there and back again. Real world utility (Which includes affordability! A brand new JK Unlimited does me no good in the stealership lot where it'll remain because I can't afford it, nor is a capable vehicle that uses more fuel than I can afford to buy a good solution.) as opposed to bragging rights and lenghty repair periods. It feels to me like real world utility is sometimes underappreciated within the off-roading circles.
Unread 07-07-2009, 05:07 AM   #25
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Jeep was derived from GP which stood for General Purpose (vehicle). It certainly suits more of my needs than any speciality vehicle could and still stay in my budget.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2009, 01:42 AM   #26
Tony1911
2007 MK Patriot 

Actually, not everyone agrees with that. Some say that GP comes from G for Government and P for 80 inch wheelbase. (Source example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep ) Still, regardless of the way the brand name was born, "general purpose vehicle" does describe my Jeep quite well.
Unread 07-08-2009, 10:04 AM   #27
Snowplow
2003 TJ Wrangler 

When you can play with the big boys.
Snowplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #28
jh1328
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowplow View Post
When you can play with the big boys.
That dude's gonna be pissed that you took his parking spot.
Unread 07-09-2009, 11:46 AM   #29
Knightfallzx2
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowplow View Post
"One of these things is not like the other.... One of these things just doesn't belong... Can you tell me which thing is not like the other, can you tell before the end of this song?"
Read my Blog on Jeepspace
Knightfallzx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #30
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh1328 View Post
i think youd catch more flak from a WJ or and XJ owner.
wrangler owners...we sorta keep to ourselves. hence, the wave
and i wouldnt resort to punching one of us in the gut...
we have 4 cell maglites within easy reach.
why cant we all just get along?
ok...trolling over.
I actually dont get much flak from WJ owners as most of the off roader wj know me and know my WJ is up in NY now. With my MK down here in florida.
So usually The WJ and XJ guys roll our eyes at WKs.

MK were designed to be street jeeps which is different then wk's which have crank the whole soccermom aspect to new levels. I am still upset about missing a solid axle in the WK but I get over it. They are still jeeps I wont bash them like some bash the compass I am just upset over the way the wk was put out and how a limited wk is 15k more then what I paid for a limited WJ new. For nothing really no massive improvements. The back seat area is still cramp for long drives. Also I not been a big fan of The way it feels when I drive them. Hoping to buy a WL or WD or W whatever when it comes out in late 2010. As I would really like the looks of it from the outside.

Actually most WJ people understand being considered enough for the wrangler crowd as they get called mall crawlers all the time. Or at least used too I think that know goes to the WK group.
Jawa78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compass , mk , opinions , patriot

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.