You drive an MK and know it's a real JEEP when... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > You drive an MK and know it's a real JEEP when...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-05-2009, 03:57 AM   #1
Tony1911
2007 MK Patriot 

You drive an MK and know it's a real JEEP when...

It's March and you still find specs of mud from last summer inside your Jeep.

Every time the mainstream media is hysterical over the weather conditions during winter storms you wonder what the big deal is.

You find yourself looking forward to the winter storms. Even the regular, daily chores like going to work are always so much more fun during or after them, and finding parking places in the city is effortless.

You have a vehicle that needs no repairs, you can just hop into it and drive to Lapland with it confident that it'll run just fine, but you still find yourself spending tons of money on it.

People think you spent about five times as much on your vehicle than you really did.

You are not unsually wealthy and can actually afford a brand new Jeep. In Finland.

You are not unusually wealthy and can actually afford the fuel to drive your brand new Jeep. In Finland.

You Jeep has decent acceleration on the highway merging lane, corners like a sports car during spirited city driving, and still gets you wherever you need to go in the snow storms or at the countryside.

You've ever wondered how well a JK hard top would fit your Patriot if you'd cut off the factory roof, and what kind of quick disconnectors would be needed for the cables to the doors.

(If you live in Finland, you've ever been enraged by the stupid bureaucratic restrictions the government places on what you can and can not do to your own bloody vehicle. Whaddaya mean I need to keep the doors and require a permit to convert the Jeep to a convertible...)

You feel that comments on how the MK is not a "real Jeep" are about as impolite as negative comments about your girlfriends appearance. You feel an urge to reply to both in a similar manner, too.

Your MK might not be perfect but it's still your Jeep and you'll be damned if you ever sell it!

It's a Jeep MK thing and you really do understand.

Tony1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2009, 04:29 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Well said!

Let me add one more. You don't care that the city snow plows just filled in the lower part of your drive way just after you finished shoveling, you just drive over/threw it.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2009, 04:49 AM   #3
Tony1911
2007 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
Let me add one more.
Please do! I was hoping other MK owners might pick up from where I left.
Unread 03-09-2009, 06:46 AM   #4
schoat333
2008 MK Patriot 

Your biggest problem, in a snow storm, is the wind.
schoat333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2009, 07:57 AM   #5
tazman900
2008 MK Patriot 

You get depressed when the roads are plowed before you had a chance to drive on them
Rich
tazman900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #6
Knightfallzx2
2008 MK Compass 

When you are at a stop sign and people can't accelerate through the intersection because of ice; yet when it's your turn, you just proceed like you're on dry pavement.

You're actually a little upset Winnipeg hasn't had a really big snow fall like in past years.

You see other people in SUVs and trucks taking short cuts through small snow fields and follow with ease.
Read my Blog on Jeepspace
Knightfallzx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2009, 06:53 AM   #7
OnRoad
2008 MK Compass 

You don't see snow, you see fun!

As you slowly drive up the hill you glance in your rear view mirror and see the cars behind you sliding off the road.....
Unread 06-22-2009, 04:13 AM   #8
Tony1911
2007 MK Patriot 

This is a very winter focused list, isn't it? Now that it's (theoretically, at least) summer, time to update it I think:

During spring time you come to what is supposed to be a public road but looks more like a muddy potato field, think "no problem" and just carry on. (Regular cars needed a tractor to plow the worst of the mud off the road before they could get back from the shooting range and even then it looked like the conditions were about the worst they could handle. Our biggest concern was that we didn't get photos of the road before they plowed it to show what we just drove through.)

Spring time flooding is not a problem.

Where others see a problem (snow, mud etc.), you see fun.

You have a perfectly functional and powerful air conditioning, but prefer to drive with all windows down for that open-air feeling instead.

You have a thick layer of sand inside your Jeep because you spent the day off-roading in dusty conditions with all the windows down.

Missing your turn on a road trip is not a problem but rather an opportunity to drive on yet another unpaved back road.

Your list of modifications to do just keeps growing.
Unread 06-22-2009, 02:38 PM   #9
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

When you punch a Wrangler owner in the gut for calling your jeep a disgrace.
Jawa78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2009, 05:53 PM   #10
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawa78 View Post
When you punch a Wrangler owner in the gut for calling your jeep a disgrace.
When he hands you a brew for helping him out.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2009, 10:50 PM   #11
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

Actually I toss at him for the part he found for me got my part put it in my compass and left.

I am currently in the restoration process of a M38A1 55 Willys, the wrangler person I know and punched knew someone with a part i needed . which was the left side exhuast manifold for the orginall willys f head hurricane engine. Only time I have seen him is when were out mudding as I have a nice little TJ I been working on . I show up in my compass and he is 1 of the 5 wrangler owners who cant just accept a compass and started to pick on it. Personally when it comes to me jeeps I have a short temper so i socked him in the gut.

While my compass is only 2wd I think she been quite good looking by time i get some of the simple things done like a lift and some extra lights lol make me feel like I am driving my WJ again.
Unread 06-23-2009, 03:05 AM   #12
Tony1911
2007 MK Patriot 

So we actually have the first confirmed incident of an MK owner punching someone because of their attitude towards the vehicle?

Hey - violence is an underrated method of solving problems.

"Jeep Patriot / Jeep Compass. Love it, shut up, or bleed." Works for me.
Unread 06-23-2009, 02:43 PM   #13
ChillyWillys
2008 MK Patriot 

You take it to the beach for the first time.

Another Jeep (not an MK) owner says: "I like your Jeep!"

Last edited by ChillyWillys; 06-23-2009 at 02:44 PM.. Reason: Forgot to capitilize the "J" in Jeep !!!!
ChillyWillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2009, 05:44 PM   #14
schoat333
2008 MK Patriot 

your balljoint is shot at 17,000 miles.

If nothing else.... that at least makes it a true jeep.
schoat333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2009, 07:23 PM   #15
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
So we actually have the first confirmed incident of an MK owner punching someone because of their attitude towards the vehicle?

Hey - violence is an underrated method of solving problems.

"Jeep Patriot / Jeep Compass. Love it, shut up, or bleed." Works for me.
They dont have to love the MK line just stop calling it an embarrassment.

The one of 5 rules seems to apply. As I did almost punch another wrangler owner but he apologized after my WJ (99 limited 4.7 ) pulled his butt out of the muck.

Tags
compass , mk , opinions , patriot

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.