Yes, I searched... MPG's at 75+mph? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Yes, I searched... MPG's at 75+mph?

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while suppliePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 09-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #16
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

I've had my compass up to like 112-113. 2wd 5 speed.

Edit: on a non public road of course

Unread 09-16-2013, 11:53 PM   #17
PC12driver
2013 MK Patriot 

I've noticed a big difference in mileage with my 2013 FD-1 patriot CVT when driven at higher speeds. On I-40, if I drive 68-70 mph, I can get 26-27 mpg consistently. The few times I've made my usual long trip at 75-77 mph, the MPG's drops to the 24ish range. This is predictable though as the thing is very boxy in shape (high form drag) and aerodynamic drag increases as the square of the speed increase not in a linear fashion.

Personally I'm quite content to motor along in the right lane and pocket extra money for other things than gas...
PC12driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #18
Jeep_Fanatic
2012 MK Compass 

I remember reading somewhere that at highway speeds every 5-6mph is twice the drag. On average i think best mpg results at 50-55 depending on gear ratios etc.
Unread 09-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #19
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Just completed a 1495 mile vacation( NH - VA and back )in my 2011 Patriot 2.4L CVT FDI. My overall average was 30.18 MPG for the trip( well the highway to and back portion - not counting in city while there ). Best tank was 34.2 and worst was 28.09. Very happy with the results.

A point to make seeing as this thread is about MPG @ 75MPH+...

I kept the vehicle at a reasonable speed and it paid off with MPG well above the EPA rating of the vehicle. No way I see those same #'s if I went 75MPH+. I might have seen 24-25 MPG tops. I set my CC at 62 MPH in the 65 MPH zone as it seems to be the best compromise for this vehicle between speed and MPG. If the posted limit was lower I went 5 MPH over unless it was a work zone( LOTS of those )where I stuck to the max limit.

One way the trip distance was 659 miles. So basically 10 1/2 hours of driving @ 62 MPH. If I floored it and went 75 MPH like the OP talks of it would have taken 8 3/4 Hours. Just not worth it, for me, to lose the MPG and risk a ticket to gain an hour and a half. When you are talking the shorter distances we all drive in our normal day to day affairs the time savings is minimal at best.
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #20
Discovery
2007 WK 

My first tank from the dealer on a 2014 compass I got 24mpg,thats one trip over the pass and city driving.
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.